2019 4x4 Delay

Mr Makai

Many dealers were accustomed to Vans being produced in Germany with a 4-6 month wait to get them by auto carrier/cargo ship. The Vans being produced in SC are suppose to significantly reduce that time frame .
Eventually. We want our vans now!!!! Hahaha

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

jphrum

I was told they screwed up the process for vans coming off the line that didn’t pass their internal inspections, which has created a cluster at the factory of vans that need some fixing but they don’t know what needs what and which van is which. That may have been resolved going forward but still slowing things down.

Just things I heard, no direct knowledge of it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
I'm in Gig Harbor Wa. My dealer is in Fife Wa.
Look Larsen ?? Thats who I ordered mine thru... Jim made it an absolutely smooth deal (coming all the way from Ak to pick mine up)
I'm looking forward to stopping in and saying hello when I'm driving thru there this Fall, he'll be amazed at how it looks now that I'm done outfitting it...

Last edited:

JIB

I didn't get down to Fife. A few guys I know bought from Lance at Lynwood, so I got on his list and it's in production now.

Jack
Covington

Mr Makai

How long is everyone willing to wait before rethinking?

I ordered in Jan. If I don't have a van or firm eta by fall I'm moving on.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

This is not going to make any of you feel better but I wanted to share. I ordered a 2018 MB cargo 170 in July of 2017 (made downpayment). It has been delayed and eventually my next best option was a 2019. After looking at the makeover from 2018 to 2019 I was not upset one bit as the technology has been a major upgrade. However my build is schedule for July and expected delivery is October 2019.

Yes I put a downpayment on the van in July of 2017 and am getting my van in October 2019. I am not to pleased but what can ya do. Just wanted some people to know what is actually expected.

I’ve thought about talking to a lawyer but was advised MB is to big and powerful. Although I have a signed contract and receipts of down payments.

sanomechanic

Sounds like the dealer you gave a deposit to did not have any allocations to sell and was hoping to get one. Dealers that sell a lot of 4X4s tend t get the build slots.

kfo

Where are you located?

I also had a 3rd decade May build and I can't get anything better than September/October delivery out of my dealer.

Jack
Washington State
Any update on this? That seems like a massive amount of time for a 3rd decade May.

I have two scheduled for 3rd decade June. Anyone else have an earlier June decade with any information/update?

Denver, CO. I assumed they would move some 4x4s

Littleton or Westminster? I have a passenger with end of July build date in Charleston. You should be able to see an actual date.

I think most delivery date estimates are being based off of previous Germany timelines

Sounds like Grant got his a couple weeks after it was finished

kfo

3rd decade in May was the build date I was told by dealer. When he called to inform me it was showing build complete he said it could be 2 weeks to two months, basically anybody's guess on delivery time.
Any update on your delivery?

sanomechanic

When the dealer get an allocation. It shows their computer screen the decade 1st-10th....11th-20th...21st-31st..and then the month it will be built. I does not appear on the build sheet.

MTNXTC

We did the build out together in his office. After we were done with the build out the computer showed a third decade in May bill date. So I really have no reason not to trust that.

sanomechanic

I was told Passenger and Crew Vans were being built in Dusseldorf.... Only Cargo Vans in SC for now. It would take 2-4 months to ship over from Germany......Have they issued a VIN yet? May builds should have them issued already... check 11th digit ...P= Dusseldorf..T =Charleston....Just sayin! It is my understanding the only build slot allocated for 2019 4X4s are all Cargo Vans

Last edited:

kfo

I was told Passenger and Crew Vans were being built in Dusseldorf.... Only Cargo Vans in SC for now. It would take 2-4 months to ship over from Germany......Have they issued a VIN yet? May builds should have them issued already... check 11th digit ...P= Dusseldorf..T =Charleston....Just sayin! It is my understanding the only build slot allocated for 2019 4X4s are all Cargo Vans
When should one inquire about a VIN being issued? Mine are 2019 4x4 cargos, 3D June.

JIB

Any update on this? That seems like a massive amount of time for a 3rd decade May.

I have two scheduled for 3rd decade June. Anyone else have an earlier June decade with any information/update?
It is in production. Lance said once it is out of production it will be about 28 days to delivery. I will post when it is out of production.

Jack

Top Bottom