Thule 12’ hideaway omnistor mounting brackets (?)

Runwhatyoubrung

All, trying to get to the bottom of this.
Bought 620002 thinking it was a 12’ rack mount. Turns out I was confused and it was a 12’ roof mount. Before discovering this I purchased rails from van tech to install the awning using 490001 roof rack adapters. Does anyone hear money burning up? So, I now have a Thule roof mount awning and rails installed. I need adapters and no rails to install like airjoseph but then discovered there is a roof mount adapter available from Thule that uses the rails. So, my question is this, does anyone know that this will work? My reason for concern is the image shows a tab on the housing that I don’t have. Perhaps the image is of a different awning? I’m including a marked up version showing the tab I don’t have (it has the carriage bolt through it) in hopes someone else will know what I’m looking at and straighten me out. I hope someone can follow my twisted explanation. Thanks all. This forum has been super helpful for a dense person like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takayama

Have you called Thule directly?

I’m pretty sure they didnt have the correct ones available when i called for my sprinter

Runwhatyoubrung

I heard back late this afternoon that the tab is part of the bracket though it isn’t indicated. They are air freighting them in, the ones that fit with the OE rails. Fingers crossed.

RVCuisineScene

I installed a Thule awning last Sept. works great, I installed it on the factory rail using the Thule mounts, I used 4 instead of 2, I do have a set of mounts in an unopened box pm if interested

RonGos

RonGos
I have the Thule awning and am waiting on the adapters to install it using the rail on the roof. I also want to use the rail for my roof rack bars that go across the top of the van and will hold solar panels. The problem is that the usual uprights for the bars that connect to the rails on the van roof do not work with the Thule awning in place. I need modified uprights that will accommodate the Thule awning. Does anyone know where I can buy some? My roof rack bars are round. I have seen custom Van outfitters like Nomad Vanz put them on their vans.

Takayama

I have the Thule awning and am waiting on the adapters to install it using the rail on the roof. I also want to use the rail for my roof rack bars that go across the top of the van and will hold solar panels. The problem is that the usual uprights for the bars that connect to the rails on the van roof do not work with the Thule awning in place. I need modified uprights that will accommodate the Thule awning. Does anyone know where I can buy some? My roof rack bars are round. I have seen custom Van outfitters like Nomad Vanz put them on their vans.

I literally just sold my flatlinevanco roof rack bars that are built with an offset for awnings similar to the Thule//fiamma brands

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjpyRxPHCxx/?igshid=12gdx41abz9p0

Also just got my brackets last night

RonGos

RonGos
Takayama, I am waiting on my brackets. Do you know how much offset I need to be compatible with the Thule awning and bracket? Looks like I will be looking to custom fabricate some.

MotoXPress

Can the Thule awning mount to a roof rack?

I need a vertical mounting mount as my rack has vertical tabs and there is no room to use the roof rails and horizontal bottom mounting system.

RonGos

RonGos
I know I had a choice between roof rail mount, with adapter sold separately, versus side mount. I know it would not work to attach it to my roof rack rails without some sort of custom fabrication.

Dhan

I just mounted my Thule Omnistor 6200 on my OEM rails using Thule's mounts (same as Takayama's mounts). They seem really stout and sturdy, especially with Sika 252. Check my profile for pics. I also purchased the side sunscreen which will be very handy this summer.

Top Bottom