T50: Electric closing assist

GLJones

Can't get the T50 anymore on the 2019. I tried to order it and the factory says they are out of parts and are not building anymore 2019s with it. Sucks. It's a primary item we wanted and we ordered in January, but couldn;t get a 170 Passenger build date until July.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Can't get the T50 anymore on the 2019. I tried to order it and the factory says they are out of parts and are not building anymore 2019s with it. Sucks. It's a primary item we wanted and we ordered in January, but couldn;t get a 170 Passenger build date until July.
Yes - that sucks big time. Mercedes is really messed up with all the parts shortages on the new Sprinter. Glad I'm putting off replacing mine for now.

wquek

Work in progress

That really sucks. I had to give up a July build date on a 4x4 crew due to no availability of LED lights. Also there is no lockable glove compartment. Not sure how a vehicle manufacturer can run out of parts like that. Why bother having options if they can’t fulfill it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikecol

Unbelievable that MB can't figure out that they might need parts that we have been wanting for almost a year. The T50 is the main thing I wanted too, but just gave up and got a white Cargo without stuff I wanted.

Even worse, just wait till the van arrives and has stuff missing that you paid for. They act surprised when they charge you and don't install anything at all. Be prepared for all that mess coming.

GLJones

Even worse, just wait till the van arrives and has stuff missing that you paid for. They act surprised when they charge you and don't install anything at all. Be prepared for all that mess coming.
Yeah, that might just result in a refusal to accept it and place a 2020 order to get what we want. They bank on people being so invested they will buy whatever they send. I have no problem refusing it if they pull crap like that.

wquek

Work in progress
Yeah, that might just result in a refusal to accept it and place a 2020 order to get what we want. They bank on people being so invested they will buy whatever they send. I have no problem refusing it if they pull crap like that.

Some of the other ridiculous things that appear as unavailable are the cell phone cradle, lockable glove box, covers/lids for dash. I ended up pushing my build to next year until all my options are available. Probably a good thing to wait a little bit longer so all the early adopter kinks like faulty headlights and steering wheels that come loose are resolved. Don’t need all the headaches after spending so much money on a van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
This thread is titled: "T50: Electric closing assist" . My thought is that since Mercedes claims to be such a premium product in the USA market the T50: Electric closing assist should be standard equipment. Sliding that big door is a real chore.

pg1963

The mechanism activates when the door hits the final stage. Almost the area where it would stay if it wasn't pushed far enough. It almost "pulls" in the door.

I've noticed that when passengers are inside and exiting, they can sometimes get tripped out by the mechanism. In that, they don't realize they need to push out the door then slide.

When the door is unlatched, and doesn't move much. It can think you want to close the door.
Once they realize they need to push out, they don't have this problem.

The system does have a kill function. If you are overhandling the handling the door when it wants to close, it activates and becomes fully manual.

I have one photo of the door off paneling off, you can see a portion of the mechanism there.
I didn't get a better look at the mechanics at the time to see "how" it actually operates.
Great info! Can the T50 be retrofitted to a manual close door?

Top Bottom