High Beam Assist Recall

sanomechanic

MERCEDES SPRINTER VANS HAVE HIGH-BEAM HEADLIGHT PROBLEMS
Mercedes vans equipped with high-beam assist may have software problems.
By David A. Wood, CarComplaints.com Posted in Recalls
Mercedes Sprinter Vans Have High-Beam Headlight Problems
May 30, 2019 — A 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter recall in the U.S. and Canada affects more than 1,700 vans with headlights that may get stuck on their high beams.

The 2019 Sprinter vans are equipped with high-beam assist, but software problems can leave drivers without the ability to switch off the high beams.

Mercedes says the vans equipped with high-beam assist have levers for the high-beam function that can get stuck if there is a camera malfunction due to software errors in the control unit body controllers.

The only way a driver can deactivate the high beams is by turning the ignition, or by turning the rotary switch for the lights from the position "automatic headlights" to the position "manual headlights."

A driver should notice warning messages related to failures of the camera system and automatic high-beam function.

More than 1,500 of the vans are in the U.S. and 205 are recalled in Canada.

The 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter recall is expected to begin June 7, 2019.

Van owners may call 877-762-8267 and refer to recall number VS3FERNLI.

Where are you getting this horribly-written information?

"...vans with headlights...". Don't all vans have headlights?

"...that may get stuck on their high beams.". Like they got high-centered while attempting to drive over their own headlights, and had to call a tow truck?

"...is by turning the ignition...". So this doesn't apply to diesel Sprinters? Because diesel engines don't have ignition systems.

"A driver should notice warning messages...". Always good advice, lol. Are they trying to say that the malfunction may result in warning messages being displayed?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Where are you getting this horribly-written information?

"...vans with headlights...". Don't all vans have headlights?

"...that may get stuck on their high beams.". Like they got high-centered while attempting to drive over their own headlights, and had to call a tow truck?

"...is by turning the ignition...". So this doesn't apply to diesel Sprinters? Because diesel engines don't have ignition systems.

"A driver should notice warning messages...". Always good advice, lol. Are they trying to say that the malfunction may result in warning messages being displayed?
:wtf:

Put down your pipe and go sleep it off.....

I just noticed you're from Dana Point.

I had never been there before, but when I was appointed to the National Advisory Board of a major auto manufacturer years ago, they flew us first class to stay at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel right there in Dana Point. Our ocean-view suite was amazing. What a beautiful place...:thumbup:

sanomechanic

I just noticed you're from Dana Point.

I had never been there before, but when I was appointed to the National Advisory Board of a major auto manufacturer years ago, they flew us first class to stay at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel right there in Dana Point. Our ocean-view suite was amazing. What a beautiful place...:thumbup:

Been living here in the Dana Point/San Clemente area 20 years. Its a great place to live but getting very crowded and expensive.

Been living here in the Dana Point/San Clemente area 20 years. Its a great place to live but getting very crowded and expensive.
It was about 20 years ago that I was there. I can remember them telling us that the mobile homes in a trailer park on the ocean side of the highway were worth a million dollars, back then.

They took us to the Richard Nixon Presidential Library, and to some military jet flight simulator place (can't remember the name), and took us out on a fishing boat, and all sorts of other stuff. They really took good care of us.

sanomechanic

They have since removed mobile homes and built multi million dollar homes there. People like Orprah and other elite on them. Ultra Luxury! It's really insane what has happened around here. Making it hard for the average Joe to survive. Most people are getting priced out. I'm lucky enough to have purchased commercial property when it was attainable. " AUTO REPAIR & Tire Store shop on PCH . I live off the building rent now.

They have since removed mobile homes and built multi million dollar homes there. People like Oprah and other elite on them. Ultra Luxury!
Yeah, I could have seen that coming.

People like Orprah and other elite on them. Ultra Luxury! It's really insane what has happened around here. Making it hard for the average Joe to survive. Most people are getting priced out. I'm lucky enough to have purchased commercial property when it was attainable. " AUTO REPAIR & Tire Store shop on PCH . I live off the building rent now.
Wow. Good for you.

Although I'll bet 2008 must have been exciting for you...

dynaco1

Is there an ordinance prohibiting overnight-ing inside a van on the city streets of Dana point and San Clemente?

sanomechanic

Not suppose to camp inside, but there a 72 hour rule for RV's. Most peeps just keep a low profile and do not make it obvious. Only time law gets involved is when residents complain.

Top Bottom