Battery disconnect

Yardsale

Anyone know if the 2019 Sprinters have a battery disconnect? I can't find one anywhere and the owner's manual doesn't mention one. I looked under the hood, near the accelerator pedal, under all floorboards, in seat pedestals..... nothing. Seems there should be something, somewhere, otherwise, it's a bit tedious to disconnect the terminals every time you want to do any small electrical work (i.e. disconnect the plug to an airbag).

Side note, I disconnected the airbag plug in the passenger seat to install a swivel, with no key in the ignition, and when starting the van the next time (after plug had been reconnected), I got the infamous SRS light and it doesn't self correct. This time, I will disconnect all power to the van.

Yardsale

Okay, I finally found it. Actually, the dealership found it and showed me...... It's still near the accelerator pedal, but hidden behind a small panel. The panel doesn't appear to open, but it swings down from the top at a bit of an angle ("hinged" on the bottom seam which is actually on a slant). The disconnect is inside the panel, although it's hard to see, you'll need a flashlight.

I was also told to allow about 10 minutes, after disconnecting power, for the systems to go to sleep, prior to engaging in electrical work.

Yardsale

By the way, the iCarsoft i980 and MB II are not yet compatible with 2019 Sprinters. Perhaps someday, but not today. Dealership had to reset the SRS, I didn't try the DIY resistor work around.

Sgent411

Sawyer Road
Okay, I finally found it. Actually, the dealership found it and showed me...... It's still near the accelerator pedal, but hidden behind a small panel. The panel doesn't appear to open, but it swings down from the top at a bit of an angle ("hinged" on the bottom seam which is actually on a slant). The disconnect is inside the panel, although it's hard to see, you'll need a flashlight.

I was also told to allow about 10 minutes, after disconnecting power, for the systems to go to sleep, prior to engaging in electrical work.
Is it obvious when you've found it?

mklauner

I have owned many vehicles over the years, NOT ONE has had a battery disconnect to keep from draining the battery while the vehicle is not used! I have a BMW that has more electronics than the Sprinter, that is over 11 years old and has sat for 6 months at a time, or longer and I JUST replaced the battery. It seems like Mercedes has an issue that they are not willing to address. They put in the disconnect to put a band-aid on the issue, rather than fix it, in my opinion. Why doesn't Mercedes admit to the problem and get a real fix?!? Pure BS!

Top Bottom