Rear Brake Shoes

Fasteddie155

Hi All,
I am new here and need help on a 313 cdi rear brake shoe removal. I am compitant at doing the job but thought if any of you have done ity before had had problems you could share it with me.
Thanks in advance:bash:

Wileycoyote

If your just changing your rear pads its very very simple all you need is a wrench to take off the 2 bolts that hold the caliper on then pull the caliper off and get your piston compressor and push the piston back in. You dont even have to bleed the caliper i was told by a mechanic.

Fasteddie155

OK get this Changed the pads and the shoes on both side no problem but when i started my sprinter up the (o) brake warning light is flickering and the battery light flash now and again.

What is up with it please ?

sikwan

06 Tin Can
OK get this Changed the pads and the shoes on both side no problem but when i started my sprinter up the (o) brake warning light is flickering and the battery light flash now and again.

What is up with it please ?
Probably separate issues.

Brake warning light:
1. Low on brake fluid.
2. Parking brake cable/switch needs adjustment.

Battery light: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1527&highlight=battery+light
1. Alternator is not charging correctly.
2. Bad battery.

:idunno:

Fasteddie155

the fliud is on max and even when i disconect the sensor on the brake bottle it it still there. i have no brake wear cables connected but if the hand brake cable was to tight could this make it come on as i did adjust this also ?

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Disconnecting the wire to the master cylinder sensor will only add to the problem. Leave it connected for now. I would say to jumper it, but I'm not sure if it's a normally open or close fluid level switch.

Locate the electrical switch for the parking brake and play with that first. If you have an ohm meter, test the switch to see if it opens or closes. If you can isolate the problem in the parking brake first, you can move on to troubleshooting the master cylinder.

Tightening the slack on your parking brake cable may have an affect on the threshold of the parking brake switch where it goes from open to close or vice-versa.

Fasteddie155

I tried yesterday to release the handbrake also took of the wire to the brake res and bridged it but still had the light flickering.
So thought i would go out in it and see if any thing changed well it did for about 15 sec 2 times all the light went out and then came back on.
I think its going to be a sit a see situation.
Any more progress i'll let you all know :thinking::bash::snore:

Thanks

Fasteddie155

ok update time.
I drove 30 miles yesterday with no lights on at all then on they came, i rekon i might have a short some where just got to find it.:idunno:

Fasteddie155

Thanks for that and thanks again for all your help i'll let you know what i find.
Do you know of a forum i can get a vito manual from.

Cheers:cheers::rad:

Top Bottom