Unity Twin Bed Table Redesign

Marie

We have redesigned our UnityTB table so that we now have 3” wider egress to go from the front cab to the back kitchen. This extra 3 inches can either be on the driver’s side or the passenger side depending on how the table is rotated. We kept the center portion of the table exactly the same. We made the two leaves different sizes, one is 3 inches wider and the other is 3 inches more narrow. We remounted to table base 3 inches closer to the side that has the wider leaf. We had a defective table and were able to use this defective table to build the prototype. Now we will take the prototype to a friend who does great wood working.

Attachments

Marie

Here are my final fotos. We used a maple veneer over plywood, had it stained to match the espresso brown and finished with tongue oil. That 3” has really made the difference to get to and from the front cab. My hubbie usually sits at the passenger side dinette table with the larger leaf. I sit at the driver’s side with the smaller leaf. Having the smaller leaf for the person who gets up and down so much more frequently while dining, makes it easier for only having to move a much smaller amount of “stuff” to flip up the leaf.

Attachments

Dacar

2015.5 Unity TB
Others may want to look at Lagun pedestal in the 2020 models. If moves the table out of the way

Peter Tourin

2020 Unity RL, ex 2012 Unity MB
That's a nice job! How does the longer section seem when you push down at the outside edge - is the hinge solid enough so that table section doesn't flex with pressure?

Top Bottom