Adventure Van Expo Series 2019

Rovevanworks

Hello all-

I am holding the Adventure Van Expo as a series this year. AVE is a consumer expo where the attendees can see adventure vans built out, meet the builders, see and buy van accessories and come to a beautiful, scenic area for the week-end. Dates are:

Big Bear-Bartlett Lot June 1-2
Mt Hood July 20-21 Mt Hood Meadows lot
Dillon, Co Aug 10-11 at the Town Ampitheatre parking lot
Tahoe Sept 7-8 at Homewood Ski area

see: http://www.adventurevanexpo.com

Already I've got companies like: Aluminess, Nomad Vanz, Sportsmobile, Mercedes, Ford, ADF Sprinters, Brutek, Flatline Van Co, Sprinter Engineering, The Revel (La Mesa), Outside vans, DIY Van accessories and many more.

This year there will also be an ebike component (for demos-show), and more accessories to buy directly at each venue. Mt Hood is going to have camping in a lot at Mt Hood Meadows price TBD. The shows are free. I may have some paid parking by choice only. Last year the "Van Row parking only" was a big success but it was hard to regulate and keep it to vans only and also some people parked their van for sale never to be seen for the rest of the day. I want his to be a meet-up area.

I would appreciate feedback on companies that you think should participate, activities you would like to have happen etc. If you went to Tahoe last year, things you'd like to see for this year.

also my Instagram handle: adventurevanexpo

Thank you,

Neil

Attachments

Last edited:

Shawn182

Continue to market the heck outta it..several of us only heard about Tahoe last year right before the date and would have totally gone up had we had more notice.

I marked the date this year,

SprinterSnale

'05 T1N 3500 - NorCalSprinterCampout
Hi Neil,
We had a great time at AVE last year. Saw a few van friends, made new ones and enjoyed chatting with vendors and drooling over the wares. In fact, my buddy bought a 2018 Sprinter shortly after the event and his son who also attended now plans to trade in his Tacoma for a Promaster.

It would certainly be more fun to get all the vans and adventure vehicles in that southern lot.
There were vans that pulled into the north lot and were out of the mix.
Better signage upon arrival may help to corral adventure vehicles into the second lot and passenger vehicles into the north lot. Maybe a volunteer pointing vehicles to the appropriate lots and zones at each gate from 9:30 to 11:30am. Once pulling off 89, I think a lot of folks did not want to switch lots.

Perhaps separate designated rows of vans, campers and rigs for sale, with signage so everybody knows what is up in a particular row.
With all those vehicles tailgating, perhaps a chilly cookoff is in order.

I think the live music is probably not essential. A couple food trucks could be interesting.
Electric Bikes: Yes!
Send me a PM if you need a volunteer. Dale

hein

Van Guru
We will be at the Mount Hood Event with our Sprinter, Promaster and Transit builds.
It's likely that at least 90% of the vans will contain one or more of our products.

We'll be up there tomorrow for the freshy-freshy.
It's been an awesome week of riding pow on the mountain.
Attendees are welcome to come by our warehouse in Hood River anytime.

Neil, I would suggest asking for the HRM lot. It's a lot more level than the main lot.

And bring your bike and we can all go ride Post Canyon during or after the event.
Or take your road bike or e-bike on the twin tunnels trail.
Or learn to kite, windsurf, paddle board, it's all here.

We can accept some polite van over-nighters
in our warehouse parking lot or at our farm nearby.
Please let us know if that appeals to you.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan.com
1512A Osprey Drive,
Hood River, OR 907031

Last edited:

Rovevanworks

I agree, I hope to grow the display space to 50 vendors this year, so we'll HAVE to move the parking to south lot if possible.

Rovevanworks

Hein-and all. I would greatly appreciate more leads on vendors for the Mt Hood show. We are going to have camping at the Mt Hood site so I hope attendees will take part. I haven't decided on pricing yet but I do want to keep it reasonable. I'm a skier and mtn biker too so this is a great fit, I want to do this in fun places and have things for people to do. So multi-sport days for some people. Maybe hike or bike or ski or kite and then beer tasting if that counts.

We are getting another 6' dump here in Tahoe.

VanGoSki

Count me in for Big Bear and possibly Tahoe too. Since you asked for Vendor ideas, I'd love to see Van Compass there.

Top Bottom