It somehow made it home with me.

Tooth Fairy

Away with the fairies.
I ventured into the local MB dealership today, its not something I do often as you can feel the suction on your wallet just as you walk through the door.

Ive tried everywhere to get replacement shockers for fore and aft but can find any to fit my 4x4.
While the parts guy was hunting down the parts I spied this sales brochure.......

It somehow made it home with me.........:rolleyes:
My wife now expects a Mog to arrive in our driveway and day now......:laughing:

The 4 shockers came to a total of $1400 including gst, not too bad I suppose?

surlyoldbill

My friend has a 404 unimog. Top speed of about 55, but 3mpg at that speed. It's basically a tractor that you can drive on the highway. Barely.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Those mogs are nice in third world countries, and off road. First World nations with lots of paved highways? Not so much. Poor fuel economy at speed, tough to park, etc. I would say just lift your ncv3, and get bigger tires if you need to have the big truck feel. :idunno:

1200$ is downright cheap by Australian standards.

Tooth Fairy

Away with the fairies.
I would say just lift your ncv3, and get bigger tires if you need to have the big truck feel.

1200$ is downright cheap by Australian standards.
My truck is tall enough as it is......:laughing:
I have to agree that $1200 is cheap, and they fitted like they should first go.....:thumbup:

Ed463

We had a fleet of unimogs at my old company.

As a private individual I wouldn't touch one. Too fragile, too complex, ridiculously expensive to run and on any given day you're never sure if the damn things will actually get the job done.

I'd never rely on one in a 3rd world country.

lindenengineering

We had a fleet of unimogs at my old company.

As a private individual I wouldn't touch one. Too fragile, too complex, ridiculously expensive to run and on any given day you're never sure if the damn things will actually get the job done.

I'd never rely on one in a 3rd world country.
Yes I bought our family shop on the proceeds of fixing Unimogs/Pinzgauers with a deposit/down payment of $200,000 towards the 15 year business mortgage!
Totally paid off this coming November. whoo whoo!
I have successfully fended off all the Danglars of the American banking world in the process of the 2008 recession .Several American banks should have "Danglar" on the shingle you know!.

Banque Danglar's--Count of Monte Cristo by A Dumas ( a favoured novel of mine as a boy)
Sweet revenge served up cold from the Chateau D'If.
Dennis:laughing:
aka Edmonde Dantes ):thumbup:

Reappearing as the rich Count of Monte Cristo, Dantès begins his revenge on the three men responsible for his unjust imprisonment: Fernand, now Count de Morcerf and Mercédès' husband; Danglars, now a baron and a wealthy banker; and Villefort, now procureur du roi.
Still a good read and even better in the original french script !

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Proper procedure would be to always be borrowing from the lenders. Leverage.

They even pitch the tax breaks. But did you know, the principal payment is taxable. On one of those big business loans, you could be paying $100,000/year in principal. That is money you can't use to grow or even avoid taxes by buying a new Sprinter.

lindenengineering

Well in my case the loan was 4.2% over 15 years because of the down payment .

The big investment for me as taxable write off's has always been tools and equipment.
The biggest issue for most independent shops that want to compete with the dealer is having the right tools & TRAINING to do it better than them.
Dennis

Top Bottom