Sprinter-Forum    
 

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 4x4 Talk

VS30 4x4 Talk General Discussions related to VS30 4x4 Sprinters.


 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2019, 11:20 PM   #1
RickW
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 96
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default 4x4midwheel base dual wheel

Hi All
went down to my dealer last week to place my order
told me i need to wait till Merc Australia sends out the 3rd version of the extras list before i lock it in
he then informed me i CAN get a mid wheel base dual wheel 4x4
can any one shed light on this as i have been told previously its not available
i want the extra towing capacity and extra load
also one more question, does any one have experience of 4x4 ing with a dual wheel base 4x 4 sprinter , and did it do well in soft sand and drive on lots of rocks, with minimal issues [that might get stuck been wheels]
thanks
Rick
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:41 AM   #2
The Minister
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4x4midwheel base dual wheel

What sort of timeframe for delivery in Australia is the dealer suggesting Rick?
The Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:46 AM   #3
RickW
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 96
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 4x4midwheel base dual wheel

6-8 months
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:48 AM   #4
The Minister
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4x4midwheel base dual wheel

Hi Rick, any luck finalising and placing an order here in Oz? My Sydney MB dealer is yet to be able to provide a final build list with the options and price to place an order.
The Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:59 AM   #5
RickW
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 96
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 4x4midwheel base dual wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minister View Post
Hi Rick, any luck finalising and placing an order here in Oz? My Sydney MB dealer is yet to be able to provide a final build list with the options and price to place an order.
Hi Minister
no, no luck yet
still waiting for my dealer to get back to me with the new options list
he thinks end of March,but i will believe it when i see it!
Rick
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:59 AM   #6
RickW
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 96
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 4x4midwheel base dual wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minister View Post
Hi Rick, any luck finalising and placing an order here in Oz? My Sydney MB dealer is yet to be able to provide a final build list with the options and price to place an order.
what were you going to order?
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:03 AM   #7
The Minister
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4x4midwheel base dual wheel

Rick, I’m keen on the 419 V6 Diesel MWB 144 with 4x4 to build out, but I want to get as many factory options as possible. The dealer is not really across it to be honest, so add the uncertainty of delivery it is making it a challenge. I’m not confident Aus orders will run to time. Any intel appreciated as most aus MB dealers are not sprinter specialists
The Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:10 PM   #8
RickW
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 96
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 4x4midwheel base dual wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minister View Post
Rick, Iím keen on the 419 V6 Diesel MWB 144 with 4x4 to build out, but I want to get as many factory options as possible. The dealer is not really across it to be honest, so add the uncertainty of delivery it is making it a challenge. Iím not confident Aus orders will run to time. Any intel appreciated as most aus MB dealers are not sprinter specialists
Hi Minisier
here is my wish list, when the dealer inputted it in the system lots of them were not available
I'm after a lot too!
i find I'm telling the dealer stuff that he doesn't know, thanks to this site
where is your dealer?

Blue grey paint
A50 front axle reinforced [if I can get it] and any other reinforcing that will help with extra tow weight or carrying weight
B25 electrical parking brake
Ba3 active brake assist
C6L Multifunction steering wheel
CB1 and CB8 suspension upgrades [will this help with towing and carrying weights?]
CL1 adjustable steering wheel
CL3 Leather steering wheel
CT1 Rear spring vibration absorbers
D03 High roof
D13 Mounting rails for roof Rack [will be installing solar panels on this]
D17 Interior roof rack
D93 Omission bulkhead [I think I will install a curtain to help the aircon work and allow us to spin the seats around]
E1B Tray fir smartphone charging
E1D Digital radio
E1G intelligent navigation [does this come with 10 in screen?]
E1I smartphone cradle
E1U USB socket
E2I additional battery under passenger seat [can I make this lithium?]
E36 cut off relay
E3J pre-installation switches
E40 trailer prep wiring
E46 12v power driver's seat base
E4M !0.25 inch screen
ED4 heavy duty battery
ED5 PSM
EK1 Body builder Connector
EL9 extra speakers
ES0 jump stat terminal
ES2 12v rear
ES5 charging dashboard
ET4 active assist
EX9 free maps 3 years
F64 electrically folding mirrors [can I get the extended mirrors installed in this van?]
FE9 additional DIN slot
FF0 coats hooks
FF4 storage above cabin
FF8 overhead storage slot
FG8 cup holders
FJ1 hinged lid
FJ4 storage passenger
FJ5 hinged lids left and right
FK3 chrome grille
FM3 wet wiper system
FQ6 lockable storage above windshield
FR3 rear-view camera in mirror
FR8 rear view camera
FZ9 extra keys
H01 insulation rear
H04 insulation front
H15/H16 heated seats
H21windsheld with filter band [is this standard?]
H72 roof van
HH4 climate control
J51 fuel gauge
J52 Engine oil level display
JA7 blind spot assist
JA8 Crosswind assist
JA9 traffic sign assist
JB4 active lane assist
JB6 parking package with 360 degree camera
JB7 parking package
JF1 rain sensor
JW8 attention assist
K51 misfueling[this for Australia as well?]
K56 red diesel cap
KB7 93 fuel
KL5 fuel filter
L13 fog lamp and cornering lights
L22 partial LED tail lights
LA1 high beam assist
LA2 headlight assist
LB5 3rd brake light
LB9 illuminated front exits
LC2 LED lights in load
LC4 comfort overhead control panel
LG7 LED high performance lights
M60 250a alternator [can this be set up to charge the extra batteries properly ] and is there a bigger one as an option?
MS1 cruise control[is this standard?]
MT4 high idle driver adjustable
P93 omission of D-rings [I want a nice smooth floor]
Q11 member reinforcements
Q24 trailer hitch
R92 spare tyre carrier deletion [Iím thinking I need to remove this so the water tank or extra fuel tank can go in that spot]
I need a spare wheel carrier and a ladder attached to the rear of the vehicle
R98 rims painted black
RY2 tyre pressure monitors
S22/S25 arms rests
S28 armrests in doors
N33Z electric seat pack[ I want arm rests all round and the most comfortable seat possible,180 deg seats to spin around to face rear can this be done?]
SE4/SE5 lumbar support
SF1 adjust driver seat
SF2 adjust passenger seat
SR8/SR9 swivel base
SH1 SH2 thorax airbags
SH9 airbags
SZ7/SZ8 storage nets
T55 electrical sliding door left
T74 assist handle b pillar
T85 handle
T86 handle
V21 Luxury interior trim
V35 wheel house cover [if no straight box available]
V39 plastic floor
V40 Floor anchors for rear seat bench [want the option to bolt in spare seat bench down the track]
V52 loadable wheel arches
VA5 Full panelling hinged rear doors
VA7 storage rear doors
W16 window drivers side [with tint]
W17 window in sliding door [with tint] basically the darkest legal tint on all windows
W16 windows in rear door
W54 rear doors opening to side wall
W61 Windows in rear doors
W70 black tinting in all rear windows[and front cabin as well]
W78 rear wipers
X05 digital owners manual [do we get this anyway?]
ZE6 shelving prep
ZG3 4x4
Extras
80-100lt water tank
30-40 lts extra fuel
Ladder and tyre carrier external
Bulbar and winch
Coat hanger A 0008103400
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:16 AM   #9
The Minister
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4x4midwheel base dual wheel

Hi Rick, some similarities. I find that Aust will not get a lot of the fit out features available elsewhere. My Dealer is MB Sydney at Alexandria (do a lot of commercial vehicles so figured they would be best placed to get a delivery slot?). I find they are cautious about opening discussions about to many options. He did give me a look at the Aus Dealer Options and Price guide, which is limited compared to the US. Here is where I have got to with them as options:
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 419 VS30 MWB VAN RWD EURO VI 4.1T Model No. 90764323-A5A
Vehicle Price
9775-Iridium Silver Metallic Paint / VF4-Fabric Caluma Black Trim ZG3-All-Wheel Drive
V43-Wooden Floor
B25-Elec Parking Barke (<4T)
CL3-Leather steering wheel
N41Z-Crew Cab Package - LUX
M60-14V/250 Alternator
N22Z-Comfort Seat w Swivel 2
V52-Wheel arch, suit loading
RL5-16in Light Alloys
D03-High Roof
E36-Disconnect relais if aux b
E1BHI1-Tray smartphone wireles
E1I-Smartphone cradle 5v socke
E4M-MBUX 10.25 Multimedia Scre
JA9-Traffic Sign Assist
JB4-Active Lane Keeping Assist
JB6-Park Package w 360 Camera
LC4-Comfort overhead control p
KL1-Fuel gauge sensor with con
HH4-Thermotronic Climate Contr
KB7-Long Range Fuel 93 RWD

Next step is contract with 5% deposit but i am keen to here is others have secured other options

Note they will not give me the factory roof rails for love or money! I was hoping to get a lot of the above to minimise the fitout time given the 6 month + wait for delivery.
The Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:42 AM   #10
RickW
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 96
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 4x4midwheel base dual wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minister View Post
Hi Rick, some similarities. I find that Aust will not get a lot of the fit out features available elsewhere. My Dealer is MB Sydney at Alexandria (do a lot of commercial vehicles so figured they would be best placed to get a delivery slot?). I find they are cautious about opening discussions about to many options. He did give me a look at the Aus Dealer Options and Price guide, which is limited compared to the US. Here is where I have got to with them as options:
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 419 VS30 MWB VAN RWD EURO VI 4.1T Model No. 90764323-A5A
Vehicle Price
9775-Iridium Silver Metallic Paint / VF4-Fabric Caluma Black Trim ZG3-All-Wheel Drive
V43-Wooden Floor
B25-Elec Parking Barke (<4T)
CL3-Leather steering wheel
N41Z-Crew Cab Package - LUX
M60-14V/250 Alternator
N22Z-Comfort Seat w Swivel 2
V52-Wheel arch, suit loading
RL5-16in Light Alloys
D03-High Roof
E36-Disconnect relais if aux b
E1BHI1-Tray smartphone wireles
E1I-Smartphone cradle 5v socke
E4M-MBUX 10.25 Multimedia Scre
JA9-Traffic Sign Assist
JB4-Active Lane Keeping Assist
JB6-Park Package w 360 Camera
LC4-Comfort overhead control p
KL1-Fuel gauge sensor with con
HH4-Thermotronic Climate Contr
KB7-Long Range Fuel 93 RWD

Next step is contract with 5% deposit but i am keen to here is others have secured other options

Note they will not give me the factory roof rails for love or money! I was hoping to get a lot of the above to minimise the fitout time given the 6 month + wait for delivery.
Yeah
im keen for the roof rails for solar and also the inside roof rack for storing maybe a kayak, they are not to keen on either!
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.