Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:40 AM   #41
Garandman

Default Re: Motorcycle hauling with a 118?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grand Tour View Post
Your tire is wearing well. Who does your suspension?
He’s imaginary.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:59 AM   #42
Garandman

Think I’m going to install a strip of L track right down the middle of the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwhite87 View Post
Hahaha. Yes sir. I just purchased. Figured i spend the money on seat time getting use to it. Nothing tape and pulled fuses cant fix for now right.
The number plates where reused off my 600.. everyone knows how hard it is to get ahold of drippn wet.
Upgrade from my 2015 Gsx-R 600
What tracks do you go to? I’d like to head South this fall and ride some of the tracks. Farthest south I’ve been is NJMP.

We just pull the license plate and turn signals and cover and safety wire things as required [2016 GSX-R750]. Suspension has been upgraded front and rear, SS brake lines, spools, and WoodCraft rear sets. Going to get a clutch cover and some more hardware to protect the engine cases.

I’m 6’1 and had bilateral knee replacement so unless ridden regularly don’t have the flexion needed for proper body positioning. Keeping the bike street legal let’s me get enough seat time. Suzuki body parts aren’t that expensive anyway: the two guys next to me at the last session had a Panagale and an S1000RR, and the body part prices were crazy.

Last edited by Garandman; 07-17-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:51 PM   #43
The Grand Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
We just pull the license plate and turn signals and cover and safety wire things as required [2016 GSX-R750].
What track days require safety wiring?

Quote:
Suspension has been upgraded front and rear, SS brake lines, spools, and WoodCraft rear sets.
Who does your suspension?

Quote:
Going to get a clutch cover and some more hardware to protect the engine cases.
Their purpose isn't to protect your engine, they're to protect the track from your engine oil.

Quote:
Suzuki body parts aren’t that expensive anyway: the two guys next to me at the last session had a Panagale and an S1000RR, and the body part prices were crazy.
Nothing wrong with that- you don't need race plastics if you're just doing track days, because track days don't require a fluid-containing belly pan.

Last edited by The Grand Tour; 07-17-2019 at 06:06 PM.
The Grand Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:35 PM   #44
Cwhite87

Arrow Re: Motorcycle hauling with a 118?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
What tracks do you go to? I’d like to head South this fall and ride some of the tracks. Farthest south I’ve been is NJMP.
My home Org is PRE super big on safety and we promote Airfence like a bad habit as it has saves many lives that ive seen first hand. Once you get to A group more safety provisions like safety wiring is advised before track entry. My home track thats 45 mins away Is Virginia international Raceway ..Absolutely love it so do the Moto America guys. if you never been its a must. within in 3-6 hours the ones i attend are Road Atlanta (another MotoA scheduled track), RRR in Gerogia, Carolina Motorsports park in SC, NCbike which is a fast flat track,

which is why i got this van i want to travel, an experience the circuit tracks in the US. definatley head up north with N2 racing and West from barber to COTA to Weathertech Raceway.

so a good mounting system to travel those distances are a bonus
Old 07-17-2019, 05:36 PM   #45
Garandman

I am not answering any questions from you. Like to keep the topic on 118’s.

Last edited by Garandman; 07-17-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garandman For This Useful Post:
Cwhite87 (07-17-2019), Matt Foley (08-02-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 10:09 PM   #46
Cwhite87

Yeah we went off on a tangent
Old 07-17-2019, 11:26 PM   #47
Garandman

Some of you have put L track down the center? Have you recessed to floor level? I have a couple of lengths of flanged track but it would sit proud of the floor a little.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:08 AM   #48
The Grand Tour

Quote:
My home Org is PRE super big on safety and we promote Airfence like a bad habit as it has saves many lives that ive seen first hand. Once you get to A group more safety provisions like safety wiring is advised before track entry. My home track thats 45 mins away Is Virginia international Raceway ..Absolutely love it so do the Moto America guys. if you never been its a must. within in 3-6 hours the ones i attend are Road Atlanta (another MotoA scheduled track), RRR in Gerogia, Carolina Motorsports park in SC, NCbike which is a fast flat track,

which is why i got this van i want to travel, an experience the circuit tracks in the US. definatley head up north with N2 racing and West from barber to COTA to Weathertech Raceway.

If you like track days, wait until you try racing.
The Grand Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #49
Garandman

Quote:

I've booked a two day event at NC Bike mid-October. Planning to hit TOD and that area either right before or right after. I'm at the stage of my life where I'm just cruising around, middle groups are fine with me. Though I just ordered an Aim Solo 2 timer to see what I'm missing....

Anyone put L track down on their floor? Right now with two bikes I have the retaining straps criss-crossed to the walls. I'm thinking putting a recessed L track just slightly off-center (so it marries up to the raised ribs in the floor) will make it easier to move around and load/unload. Or maybe just center it and put in spacers to support it. This is what I have under the floor: there's a layer of foam attached to the floor as well.

My road bike is a big girl - Triumph Tiger 1050 - and I'd like to bring both that and the GSX-R.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:09 PM   #50
ricracer16

Here is my setup. 144 WB, using pitbull TRS. I love this setup, don’t have to deal with straps loosening, fraying or snapping, and just wasting time. Just click and go. I just came back from Road America and I had two bikes in there, all our riding and camping gear, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricracer16 is offline   Reply With Quote