Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 4x4 Talk

VS30 4x4 Talk General Discussions related to VS30 4x4 Sprinters.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:59 AM   #11
sanomechanic

Default Re: First 2019 Crew 4x4 coming soon to my Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGoSki View Post
If there's no build slot, a build sheet is meaningless. For a dealer to infer otherwise is dishonest. If you're saying such a build sheet has a PO# then perhaps I don't understand what the PO is. I thought it was the dealer's purchase agreement with MB. If that were true, if there's no build slot then there is no PO. Or maybe the dealer is forging the number, I don't know. At any rate, such a build sheet is an agreement between you and the dealer and is being done without any backing by MB USA. I suspect "orders" that have taken a year or more are just the dealer jerking their customers around by selling futures and hoping to get allocations to fill them.
Selling futures...That's the just of it. Anytime a dealer submits a build whether they have an allocation "build slot" or not. There is always a purchase order number associated with it. The PO # does not correspond with a build slot .

Kinda sleazy but.... It's called speculation. Many dealers are trying to put in as many orders as possible so MB will bless them with more product. Only dealers with proven sales history get the Lion's share of allocations.
MB is not the only franchise that operates like this. They all do. Dealers who sell most get most. Especially the limited production items.
I was a dealer slave for 20 years.
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sanomechanic For This Useful Post:
Boxster1971 (07-14-2019), VanGoSki (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 08:29 AM   #12
VanGoSki

Default Re: First 2019 Crew 4x4 coming soon to my Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanomechanic View Post
Selling futures...That's the just of it. Anytime a dealer submits a build whether they have an allocation "build slot" or not. There is always a purchase order number associated with it. The PO # does not correspond with a build slot .

Kinda sleazy but.... It's called speculation. Many dealers are trying to put in as many orders as possible so MB will bless them with more product. Only dealers with proven sales history get the Lion's share of allocations.
MB is not the only franchise that operates like this. They all do. Dealers who sell most get most. Especially the limited production items.
I was a dealer slave for 20 years.
Gotcha.
VanGoSki is offline   Reply With Quote