4x4s Trickling in to U.S.?

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
Was just informed by my conversion shop that MB just informed dealers that it will be producing only 10% of the 2019 4x4s they anticipated producing and that if your order was not assigned an actual production slot by MB, you will not be getting a 2019 and will be rolled over into the 2020 order bank. My order has been in since November, 2017. I was shut out of the 2018s and had to wait for ordering to reopen for the 2019s. I ordered the 2019 in September of last year. Now I am shut out of the 2019s. I am told that production of 2020 4x4s will commence this August. Who knows whether that is true or not. Will be looking seriously at the new AWD Transit. Very disappointed.
Who’s your upfitter?

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
make that 4 4x4

If anyone is looking for a 4x4 build, i have 2 mildly equipped, one base model for reserve :) . builds start at 95,000
Deposits and build sheets already made:)

VanGoSki

Anybody want a loaded 2019 144 High Roof 4x4 Cargo van with a production date of early May at list price? My dealer just had a customer cancel on this so it needs a buyer. The only weird option is the rear sunroof. I dunno about that. :hmmm:

I'll attach images of the build sheet (2 pages).

*** You take the build as-is. No changes at all can be made. ***

(I have no affiliation with the dealer, just trying to do a solid for forum members and my sprinter salesman.)

William Eugenio
Sprinter Center Brand Manager
408-239-2329
Mercedes-Benz of San Jose
3000 East Capitol Expressway
San Jose, CA 95148

Attachments

Last edited:

eradikate

Anybody want a loaded 2019 144 High Roof 4x4 Cargo van with a production date of early May at list price? My dealer just had a customer cancel on this so it needs a buyer. The only weird option is the rear sunroof. I dunno about that. :hmmm:

I'll attach images of the build sheet (2 pages).

*** You take the build as-is. No changes at all can be made. ***

(I have no affiliation with the dealer, just trying to do a solid for forum members and my sprinter salesman.)

William Eugenio
Sprinter Center Brand Manager
408-239-2329

Mercedes-Benz of San Jose
3000 East Capitol Expressway
San Jose, CA 95148
Thanks for posting this. I bought this van. Can hardly believe it, since I submitted my original order back in 2017. It doesn’t have everything I wanted and some stuff I didn’t but it’s more than close enough, even down to the same color I originally ordered. That sunroof option, D22 is actually two separate panels of fixed glass in the cargo compartment. I’ve attached a photo. I would never have ordered that but I think with insulated magnetic coverings like I’ll have for the rest of the glass, it should be fine. Looking forward to getting started with SMB Texas. Will was a pleasure to deal with, also. Glad I hopped on here the other night to see what was happening.

Attachments

VanGoSki

Thanks for posting this. I bought this van.
Awesome!! :rad:

Yeah, it's got some good stuff I wish I had on mine too. Here's an idea for the roof windows. Remove the window glass and use them as a template to cut out some sheet aluminum the same thickness as the glass. Then cut your rectangular cut-outs for your fans in those pieces and install those plates instead of the glass. That should actually seal up better than mounting the fans in the sheet metal roof and thus becomes a feature. :thumbup:

brownvan

2017 4X4 HR 144"
Thanks for posting this. I bought this van. Can hardly believe it, since I submitted my original order back in 2017. It doesn’t have everything I wanted and some stuff I didn’t but it’s more than close enough, even down to the same color I originally ordered. That sunroof option, D22 is actually two separate panels of fixed glass in the cargo compartment. I’ve attached a photo. I would never have ordered that but I think with insulated magnetic coverings like I’ll have for the rest of the glass, it should be fine. Looking forward to getting started with SMB Texas. Will was a pleasure to deal with, also. Glad I hopped on here the other night to see what was happening.
San Jose MB is great and Will was my sales manager when I bought my 4x4 from them almost 2 years ago. Those sunroof cutouts *might* fit a webasto sunroof...
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65903

Flagster

Local dealers are now telling me all custom orders for 4x4 outside outfitters and fleets will be for 2020 builds...

sanomechanic

:rad:There have been a few 2019 4X4 build slots come available to certain dealers . Most if not all are already taken. Got my deposit in on a custom build 144 4X4 Cargo

:rad:

Attachments

Flagster

:rad:There have been a few 2019 4X4 build slots come available to certain dealers . Most if not all are already taken. Got my deposit in on a custom build 144 4X4 Cargo

:rad:
Nice...I'm really wanting to move from our '15 4x4 to the new one but don't want to sell ours until I can secure a build slot...

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
TrailerCraft in Anchorage has several 2019 HR 144 4x4 Cargos and looks like a 4x4 170 Passenger... people crying about none near them might want to take a look....
I checked one out... the rear doors no longer uses that curved arm stop or magnetic stop, dash is OK... front bumper is gigantic, it will be a lot more space to fill under the lights for any aftermarket ones...
I didn't see anything that would make me want to upgrade from my 2017 4x4.....

eradikate

Just curious, does anyone know of anyone other than Grant and OSV who have actually taken delivery of a custom ordered 2019 144 4x4 in the U.S.? I’ve heard a lot about build slots but not much about delivery. The cancelled order I jumped on that had the early May build slot turned into a mid-June build slot and I haven’t heard anything further.

Top Bottom