Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Nonrelated Sprinter things to say? This is the place to be (although certain threads that are politically or religiously charged will be moved to the DZ).
SubForums: Health The Funnies The Danger Zone

Old 01-17-2019, 04:19 PM   #591
Rogerchavez8222

Default Re: Introduce yourself

Hi, I'm Roger, I have a 2012 Sprinter with 6 cylinder turbo diesel. I have 100K on it. I guess I like it fine, but I'm not crazy about it. It's paid off, so I've kept it. Only warranty service available is in Littleton, Colorado, and I live in Colorado Springs. It was quite a time investment to get my van there during warranty. I'm have some electrical issues now. Windshield wipers switch seems to be malfunctioning, it only works in 3rd position, and then only in an intermittent manner as if it were in position 1. BUT, if I hit the switch to spray windshield, it will work like it is supposed to. Radio will not turn on/off. BUT, if I remove radio fuse and replace it, the radio will turn on, but not respond to tuning or volume adjustments.

Nice to meet everybody, thanks.
Rogerchavez8222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:24 PM   #592
Cheyenne
UK 2004 T1N 313CDi

Thanked 1,609 Times in 1,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerchavez8222 View Post
Hi, I'm Roger, I have a 2012 Sprinter with 6 cylinder turbo diesel. I have 100K on it. I guess I like it fine, but I'm not crazy about it. It's paid off, so I've kept it. Only warranty service available is in Littleton, Colorado, and I live in Colorado Springs. It was quite a time investment to get my van there during warranty. I'm have some electrical issues now. Windshield wipers switch seems to be malfunctioning, it only works in 3rd position, and then only in an intermittent manner as if it were in position 1. BUT, if I hit the switch to spray windshield, it will work like it is supposed to. Radio will not turn on/off. BUT, if I remove radio fuse and replace it, the radio will turn on, but not respond to tuning or volume adjustments.

Nice to meet everybody, thanks.
Hi Roger,

It sounds like you need to get in touch with forum member Dennis who is the owner of LinDen Engineering based in Golden, CO.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/member.php?u=9491

He is the Sprinter guru for CO!

Keith.

Sprinter reference info site http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/
Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:58 AM   #593
thatchillaxdude

Post Re: Introduce yourself

Hi folks, my name is Michael, and I own a 140" WB 2004 Dodge Sprinter 2500 with a high top and dual sliding doors.

After a long search for a T1N with dual sliding doors and relatively low miles (149K), I bought my Sprinter from 303 Cars, LLC, in Newfield, NJ, on February 13, 2019. I blew the turbo and intercooler five days and ~2500 miles later as I was passing thru Las Cruces, NM, on the way back to San Diego. I'm looking forward to learning more about the Sprinter to get ahead of some maintenance issues peculiar to it.

I've been a fulltime vanlife'r in my 2000 Chevrolet Epress 1500 conversion van for just over a year. It didn't take too long for me to come to the realization that I wanted a van that got 20+mpg and that I could stand up in.

Anyway, just wanted to say howdy and that I'm looking forward to deep-diving the threads on here!

Best regards,

Michael

• San Diego~ish
• 2004 Dodge Sprinter 2500 140" high-top

@thatchillaxdude (anywhere on the web)
https://www.thatchillaxdude.com/

📍 San Diego~ish
🚐 2004 Dodge Sprinter 2500 140" high-top

🤙🏽@thatchillaxdude (anywhere on the web)
🌐 https://www.thatchillaxdude.com/

Last edited by thatchillaxdude; 02-22-2019 at 03:02 AM.
thatchillaxdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:04 AM   #594
Garandman

Howdy. Live with my wife and three kids in Boston. We also have a ski place at Mount Sunapee, NH.

Ran a business that sold 3D printers so in our fleet we had a total of four vans over the years: an Econoline 250, Chevrolet Express 2500, a Ford Transit Connect (first gen, short/high version) and bought a Ford Transit before I sold the company. Used these vans to tow various sailboats and also to haul motorcycles to tracks for track days. The 2011 TC was a little too short and light duty for our needs so we sold it, but I liked the high roof. The Transit was a medium (6') roof with EcoBoost: we did not buy the diesel because we'd had emissions problems with other late model diesels and found the DEF tank to be a PITA. I still have a medium-sized commercial 3D printer so I'll be making some custom items as the need arises: most of the parts I've made thus far are for motorcycles.

Started using an Aluma utility trailer behind a 6 cyl Outback for motorcycle towing, and we have a Tahoe for heavier trailers. But I didn't like the lack of security of the trailer on long trips, nor setting up and taking down a tent for one or two day events. So when a 118" standard height 2006 Sprinter was offered for sale on a local motorcycle forum, I jumped on it. The interior is pretty rough, and there is one rust spot that needs repair, but it was well maintained mechanically and had been repainted a few years ago. Racks not included.

I pick it up tomorrow. Riding a motorcycle down, then I'll wheel it in the back and drive home. In the meantime I've ordered a Mercedes grill replacement (the owner removed the chrome trim from the hood when it was painted), some Rial Transporter 16" alloy rims (which I note have higher load capacity than the MB alloys, and have TUV approval) and will buy tires locally. The tires on the van are good, just wanted a facelift.

Scheduled an appointment with a body shop 4/18 to fix anything they find. On the docket are improved LED interior lights, insulation, and an upgraded radio/GPS /backup camera. We are using Kenwood in two of our other cars so probably go that way. Also some window covers as when camping at the track during the summer it gets light out too early, and we could use the insulation in the fall.

On the Econoline we used some 2" thick marine insulation material with ripstop mylar covering, Covered with Luan plywood. This worked really well winter and summer. For the Express we used the same material but didn't bother covering it as it made the interior brighter.

We did the same thing with the Transit, which had 6' of headroom and the interior LED option. It was a terrific van, and the performance of the EcoBoost was everything we wanted, but is no longer mine.

Won't be able to add the insulation until after the bodywork is completed. Leaning towards Thinsulate, although the Soundown material remains an option.

Last edited by Garandman; 04-02-2019 at 02:16 AM.
Garandman is offline   Reply With Quote