Project Track Sense

Cwhite87

Thanks for looking out Cosman. I actually ordered a product from a company called Crystaltek that had really good reviews on.

Ive been down for the count recovering from knee surgery. So once im able ill try it out and post a experience review
If anyone has experience with this product please share

Attachments

Cwhite87

Whats going on everyone finally back from recovery. I miserably starred at the sprinter from across the parking lot, not being able to touch it for 6 weeks.

So before returning to work i decided to load up the stock empty sprinter with a air mattress, a gcif power strip, a 50 foot HD 15amp cord 2 cheap 7 dollar Walmart fans some tools for unplanned break downs.

We found a secluded water front camp ground on Smith Mountain lake in Virginia. It was the only thing that wasn't booked up. came with 2 15 amp power plugs which was plenty for our first camp trip to figure out what we really need.

Upon arrival on Friday, the moment we stepped out the car a death squad of winged blood suckers attacked.. this wasn't gonna work since we payed up till Mon morning.
So 30 mins away we found Walmart and i bought the Mcgyver venting kit to sleep in the van.
This consisted of 2 qty 30x20x1 vent filters, citronella candles, zip-ties.

By the time we returned it was 10pm. so i locked my self in the sprinter and got to work. i removed the rear sunroof. used some scrap wood to attach the filter to weight down on the roof. i took one of my fans zip tied it to the filter on the inside once in place then took the box the door screen came in and cut it up to make a shroud to push the air out .
I then lite the citronella candle placed it in the front seat while i had the passenger door to protect me. i opened the window placed the second filter attaching it by zip-ties on the out side of the door, then attached the second fan placing pushing the air into the fan. in all i will have a maxx air fan in my build.

The next day i had to level up the van as we were sleeping side ways on a hill.. i found a bunch of scrap wood and began my make shift leveling kit.. i reach Level 50 lol

pictures to come..

Attachments

Last edited:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
First test run, and you already have a list of "must haves"! Lol!

In our first van, we needed more screened vents on our first trip, so we got some cheap screen and magnets, and glued up a quick window cover with some silicone adhesive. Still works!

Cwhite87

Lucky MWD we had no limp modes on the hour 40 min ride there which was great. They supplied a bath house so we did cheat alittle.
MWD was there a van before Big blue?

Top Bottom