Sprinter from 2005 having transmission problems - again

Orchid70

The engine was changed - and 5 months later the transmission started acting out.
The car was left at the same place as the engine swap. But the garage has since been bought up by an other dealer and no longer takes in MB.
Ive seen the invoice of the transmission reparation and there was no mention of fault codes.
They changed flywheel, clutch and release bearing as well as included some programming.
Fault was: gears did not go in and the car shook in neutral.

Now "the car is acting the same as last time".

I have since bought a used Snap On Verus and am able to read fault godes - above the servicing, we usually do for him.

Fault codes came up in this order (when I read them in several accotions):
P2081 The Hydraulic pump has failed
P2080 Pressure too low
P2075 Engaging or Disengaging of a gear failed

After deleting them it can take days or weeks before it starts acting up again.
At the moment after a drive of 35 km - there was no fault codes present.

So - what about swapping the pump?
I have someone who can do the job but he works at VAG garage. I believe we can use my SnapOn, right? Do we need to update some programs after pump change?
I have the Pressure Reduction choice.
And learning procedures after ECU, clutch, transmission and clutch/transmission change. But nothing about changing the pump.

I also have some capturing from the transmission - could someone tell me if they look ok? The pdf includes alla my options as well =)

Thankfull for some input =)

Attachments

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I remember a post about replacing the pump brushes. The pump itself can be swapped with the trans installed. I do not know how difficult it is though. You shouldn't need to teach in the new pump, as the there is an accumulator and pressure control unit in the trans, which handles that aspect.

Last edited:

Orchid70

Ive tried and tried to find info but cannot find any information on 716.6-- (I assume its what this sprintshift manual/automatic transmission is called).

Top Bottom