Sprinter Key Without Programming? Broken Key.

spidermonkey

I recently broke the key to my 2004 Sprinter and have ordered new keys to be delivered to the dealership. However, it is quite far away and expensive to tow in order to get them programmed. Since I broke the key rather than losing them, does anyone know if it would be possible to just move the metal section of the key from the unprogrammed new keys and put it in the old fob and be able to start the van? I was doing this for a while with the old key since it had broken in that place but just not sure if it would be any different with the new keys.

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
The metal key is removable from the buttoned fob that hides the key.
I assume you mean can you pick up the keys with another vehicle and start the van to get it to the dealership, yes with the fob next to the ignition ring, or by switching metal pieces

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
You should be able to have a non-fob key cut and cloned locally from the broken key. Fob and non fob keys use the same type of transponder chip to start the engine.

If you want to message me, I can perform this service for $3.99 plus shipping if you provide a cloneable blank but you’d have to ship me the broken key

Top Bottom