Off the shelf options for cushion upholstery

Outlookela

Hi There,
I've got a dinette put together (see photos) using a couple of cushions from the house for time being. Had been expecting to get an upholsterer to make up some custom cushions - but I know they will be pricy - - i.e. hundreds - thus looking for alternatives. For example:
www.amazon.ca/Classic-Accessories-M...cushions+foam&qid=1568153687&s=gateway&sr=8-8 - This cushion is $100 itself.

However these won't fit the relatively odd shape of my set up.

Anybody got a source (hopefully Canadian) for a 4" thick custom shaped cushion that doesn't cost way too much? I'd be good with $200 for a seat and back.

Attachments

flyag1

You can glue foam together and use an electric filet knife to shape.

You can pick up a cheep sewing machine on craigslist and learn a new skill.

I did the exact thing back in 1998 and now use my sewing skills on a regular basis. I knew absolutely nothing about sewing when I bought the rig, so it was a new skill for me.

Hi There,
I've got a dinette put together (see photos) using a couple of cushions from the house for time being. Had been expecting to get an upholsterer to make up some custom cushions - but I know they will be pricy - - i.e. hundreds - thus looking for alternatives. For example:
www.amazon.ca/Classic-Accessories-M...cushions+foam&qid=1568153687&s=gateway&sr=8-8 - This cushion is $100 itself.

However these won't fit the relatively odd shape of my set up.

Anybody got a source (hopefully Canadian) for a 4" thick custom shaped cushion that doesn't cost way too much? I'd be good with $200 for a seat and back.

B

billintomahawk

Foam factory does custom work.
Check it out, I think they will do custom covers too.

Easy to deal with by phone for info.

https://www.foambymail.com/

bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom