NCV3: 2006-2018 2008 Dodge Sprinter Conversion Van - AMAZING Interior

Dennisanddan

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10oSr2JcgnMlV1QPwq6c4iBoYWCUG4ktN?usp=sharing

Feast your eyes on one of the coolest custom interiors for a conversion van that you have ever seen. Meet Roosevelt! He is a complete custom 144" wheelbase Sprinter van that is looking for a new home. Originally a construction van, he was purchased and designed by two great Bay Area friends of mine and their professional carpenter friends. While the outside shows the marks of a former hardworking construction truck, the inside could be argued as second to none. It has the charm and comfort of a weekend getaway, while also having the strength and ability to take you as far and as long as you need it to. The diesel engine gets me up to 500 gallons per tank (I can take it to and from Yosemite on less than a full tank of gas). I have taken him as far east as Utah, north as Seattle and South as Joshua Tree. He has experienced 10 degree nights and Tahoe freeway snow storms. As well as 100 degree afternoons in Nevada without breaking a sweat. Whether you want to live in it full time, take it for a sunset happy hour, or use it for longer road trips, Roosevelt is the van for you.

Highlights

With three added windows, the van gets amazing amounts of natural light during the day. There are custom made window shades with reflective material and blue fabric to either block out the light at night or help insulate and keep heat out during the day. The lounge area of the van consists of a U shaped couch with a dinette table that is removable. Each of three sections of the U couch lifts up for amazing amounts of storage. If it's time for bed, the table drops down and sits perfectly between the U shape to create a bed. The custom cushions are four inch memory foam and the back rests second as the middle part of the bed, taking it only seconds to go from dinner to bedtime. All the cabinets are IKEA (each include magnet securing with a sliding lock for driving) with butcherblock countertops that were amazingly customized to fit the look of the van. One side of the van is lined with overhead cabinets while the other is open with wood paneling to make it very open, easy to stand in and light on the wheels. One of the unique qualities of this van is the bathroom. Completely waterproof, and fitted with a portable toilet, it can be used as a shower as well. The floor is a custom made shower pan that drains to a tank mounted under the van, and it has a shower curtain insert should you want to add one. But, if you don't need all of that, simply hang a curtain rod in there and you have a large closet! The van floors are pergo hardwood, walls are tongue and grove paneling to work with the curvature. Everything is insulated with a combination of high density foamboard, recycled denim insulation, and reflectix. Wells and walls were deadened with Noico sound deadening mats as well. There is a surfboard cutout behind the drivers seat, bulkhead shelf above the cab, and storage cabinets under the stove and sink.

Includes:

- 2008 Dodge Sprinter Turbo Diesel (277K miles on it)
- New Suspension and Brakes put in Jan 2018 - Custom MB Sprinters - Portland, OR
- New Transmission put in Feb 2018 - Barbary Coast Garage - San Francisco, CA
- Four new Bridgestone Dueler tires installed Sept 2018 - Wheel Works - San Francisco, CA
- 300W Renogy RV Solar Kit with custom roof mount
- 300Ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery Bank
- 500W Inverter
- TruckFridge 12V refrigerator (2.4 cubic feet)
- Maxxair 4500 Fan w/ remote
- Shurflo water pump
- Moen 15"x15" sink with Pfister faucet
- 7-gallon water tank
- 6-gallon grey water tank
- Flame King two burner stove (with propane tank)
- Thetford Porta Potti Toilet
- 1 cu ft Amazon Basics Safe
- Copper splash guard, cabinet knobs and handles
- Fold up counter extension
- Factory Sprinter sliding door window and rear windows
- Two sliding RV windows
- One porthole window
- LED lights with dimmer
- Two 120V outlets
- 2 USB outlets
- Passenger seat swivel
- Target Ottoman (for storage and acting as a footrest for swivel seat)
- Mr Heater Little buddy (propane heater)
- Bug nets for both doors
- Custom made 4" memory foam cushions
- CO and smoke detector
- Fire Extinguisher
- Awning (works fine, but should get a better one)

The engine was rebuilt by Custom MB Sprinters in Portland, OR (a whole lot of parts were replaced), then taken back for brakes and suspension a few years later. When I originally bought it it had the famous Sprinter RSN (Rumble Strip Noise). Besides the noise, it didn't affect the driving at all but finally last year I decided to invest in a new transmission which 100% solved the problem. It has 285k miles on it currently though diesel Mercedes engines can go for over half a million or more. Has wear and tear on the outside (scratches/dents), was going to do a 3M wrap but used money for Iceland/Faroe Islands trip instead. Leaf springs need to be replaced.

I am asking $47,500 OBO for this van. If you're looking for an adventure mobile for full time living, weekend fun, and everything in between, this is the van for you.

Buyer can pick up the vehicle in San Francisco or I am willing to deliver locally to the San Francisco Bay Area.

If you want more photos, check him out on Instagram at @rollinwithroosevelt, and feel free to shoot me any emails with questions.

Last edited:

Dennisanddan

UPDATE:

I took it to get its pre-sale inspection today for a customer who was looking to buy and the shop came back with a few more issues than I had originally thought. I can pass the report to you if you would like, but the fixes can all be done in about a weeks worth of time and would cost around $6k. Because of that I took $6k off the price, and then another $2,500 for convenience sake. The fixes include a ball joint replacement, power steering pump, hose replacements, brake pads and rotors, and a tire rod replacement. There are a couple other smaller items but according to the shop (San Francisco Automotive Solutions), easy fixes for them.

Please reach out with any questions on the update!

plarkin

Hi, Can you send me he pre-sale inspection report. How log ago was the engine rebuild (date & mileage) and do you have the receipt detailing the work done? Can you also provide the VIN so I can look at the options/configuration of the van when it was purchased?

Thanks,
-Lance

Dennisanddan

Hey Lance - I think you responded to the CL ad as well, right? I will go collect the previous reciepts from work done and add them to the presale inspection and send those to you tonight. Ill get some photos of the rust as well. VIN is: WD0PE745885252714

Top Bottom