2005 G24, where’s my converter??

Dirk

Hi All, New here. Picked up my G24 a few months ago on Craigslist. I’m having a blast but I mainly Boondock visiting my kids/grandkids. The A/C was taken off and a 3 panel solar panel system was added. Everything works except for the Micro and a few outlets without shore power. I’m trying to run the Micro off the inverter but I can’t find the converter to unplug it. Manual says under the frig but there’s only a fuse panel and I don’t see it back cabinet. Past owner craigslists email is expired. Thought I ask the experts here. I’m thinking maybe I should just take out and unplug the micro and run it to the inverter.
Thanks
D~

Saturn949

As far as I know factory do not installed 12v to 110v AC inverter.
In manuals you may see device called converter and this is simply a 12v Lead acid battery charger and 12v source for on board 12v systems as light pumps and fans.
By design Onan generator must be running for microwave use. Or you have to be on shore power. Power selection relay located in water pump compartment under bed from left.

Dirk

As far as I know factory do not installed 12v to 110v AC inverter.
In manuals you may see device called converter and this is simply a 12v Lead acid battery charger and 12v source for on board 12v systems as light pumps and fans.
By design Onan generator must be running for microwave use. Or you have to be on shore power. Power selection relay located in water pump compartment under bed from left.
Thank you, that makes more sense.
my generator does not run and I don’t see a need to fix it with the solar and no ac.
The power selection relay I think is what I’m looking for.
If I want to run my solar inverter in, like shore or gen power it sounds like with the gen down I should just disconnect the gen wire and hook the solar inverter and select it on the relay.

Does that sound correct? I’m more mechanical than electrical
Thank you
D~

Smbrick

Mine has a converter (house battery charger) in the passenger side compartment under the bed, where the house battery is. It looks factory.

Top Bottom