2005 refrigerated Sprinter Conversion

Vandwellerv9

Hey all - newbie here,

Question about converting a refrigerated van into a camper. 2005 dodge sprinter.

Seller is willing to remove the refrigerated unit for me, but does anyone know if I will run into any issues converting the inside and or getting the pre-installed lining out?

Many thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

outbound

06/2500/140
hell, i'd leave the refrigeration eqpt on there - esp if it works, esp if you live in A/C country.
these rigs tend to be difficult to keep cool in hot wx. (by hot, i mean 100degF)
:2cents:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Those reefer vans usually have ~4" of spray foam. It is not likely to come out without major work. If you can deal with the reduced interior volume, the insulation can stay. You will need to work out how to attach heavy stuff and cabinets when the body metal is under lots of foam.

Vandwellerv9

Those reefer vans usually have ~4" of spray foam. It is not likely to come out without major work. If you can deal with the reduced interior volume, the insulation can stay. You will need to work out how to attach heavy stuff and cabinets when the body metal is under lots of foam.
Huge shout for the reply, added a photo to the post. Just what I was looking to know - and not uncover once purchased.

Price is so low at only 129k miles might have to deal with it anyways.

outbound

06/2500/140
only other comment would be that its usually easier to start with something thats closer to what one wants it to be after all is done.
meaning: this van is a REEFER, IMHO it's kinda nuts to try to turn this into a camper van.
since fairly huge amounts of dough went into getting rigged for reefer service, its 'best and highest use' would be to leave it as a reefer
(and look for something less built-out vs a 'specialty-built' one like this thing.... just sayin.)

Top Bottom