Autel MD802 Users Group Discussion Thread

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
You may need to update the software. To scan the sprinter, go to scan, select European, and scroll down to sprinter (not MB). Then select your sprinter variant. 906 for NCV3 and 903-4-5 for T1N.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
OBDII is the generic industry standard scan. For all OBDII vehicles this will result in reading the codes from the ECU, possibly other modules. So no special software or knowledge about the vehicle required. The sprinter, being a diesel, is not 100% OBDII compliant. So without the sprinter specific menu, you will get generic codes, no access to modules like the ABS/TCM. Also note that some codes will not report correctly in the generic OBDII section on the sprinter, as being not 100% compliant results in some code numbers meaning different things.

AC1050

Hope there's no objection to my resurrecting this thread!

I have UK spec 2001 313CDi Sprinter (14 pin diagnostic port) and having just acquired an MD802, connecting via a 14 pin adapter, lead I'm after some advice.

By experimenting with various options I can:

Read live data
Show the VIN
Read and erase codes from the engine control module

The scanner won't connect to any other modules.

Is that all I can expect?

I had expected that going to:

Scan > European > Sprinter V1.60 > 901.6 902.6 903.6 etc... > 14 pin. would enable the scanner to connect to all the vehicle's modules however it won't even connect to the engine control module on this setting.

Seems like it's only reading the generic OBDII stuff.

AC1050

Ah, ok thanks. I'd assumed that all pins would be connected.

Anyone have connection details for the Sprinter 14 pin diagnostic port, or recomend an adapter lead that actually works?

AC1050

I've just checked the connections on my 'supposedly' Sprinter-compatible 14 > 16 pin adapter:

16-pin > 14-pin
4 > 1
5 > 1
7 > 4 & 14
16 > 3

No surprise that it doesn't work properly!

B

billintomahawk

@billintomahawk - Did you wind up getting your 2002 well connected with the Autel Scanner? I'm on the cusp bw this and an icarsoft, but leaning heavily toward the Autel All Systems.

New owner of 2002 Freightliner. :D
JSL,
Sorry for the late reply. I don't always read this forum.
Yes, my '02 connects up easily to my 802 All Systems and I can see codes, clear codes and see live data. My intention is to make a list of every data point I can see and then try to find the correct parameters for our '02-03 612 engine. Our air and fuel systems are similar but not the same as the 647 '04-06 engine. I am guessing that some of the values are very different

My plan is to start here on Scanners to make sure I am finding all the data points and then shift to the T1N specific forum with a request for help establishing correct parameters for the 612 engine.

Maybe the information is already available but I don't know where to look for it??

To make matters a little worse I have a Green Diesel Engineering tune. I don't completely know what that changes.
The company, when they were active, provided very little specific information.

Anyone please feel free to jump in.

bill

Last edited by a moderator:

toobiloo

Can the MD802 all system give info or live data on the EGR to see if it Is functioning ? This is on an 03 T1n. I can’t seem to find that option

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
Can the MD802 all system give info or live data on the EGR to see if it Is functioning ? This is on an 03 T1n. I can’t seem to find that option
I can verify that my MD802 can read the EGR status on my 2007 NCV3.
Therefore, I 'assume' it can do the same on a T1N.
Maybe PM Billintomahawk, who has a T1N, and ask him your question.
Don't forget to post again with an answer, positive or negative.

TinManKC

“12 Reyo
Just got an Autel Maxi 802. Setup was quick, unit seems to work well. On the following screen, it shows 7 monitors N/A, and 3 Monitors OK. Is this correct? Also doesn’t seem to see the O2 sensor, is that everyone else’s experience using the 802? Thx!

A31E83C3-4B52-49C3-AAFF-64C07DBBCC62.jpeg

Last edited:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Just got an Autel Maxi 802. Setup was quick, unit seems to work well. On the following screen, it shows 7 monitors N/A, and 3 Monitors OK. Is this correct? Also doesn’t ‘ seem to see the O2 sensor, is that everyone else’s experience using the 802? Thx!
Looks like you have accessed your Sprinter through the OBD menu which is primarily designed for Petrol (Gas) engined vehicles.

Try accessing through the main scan menus, Europe then Sprinter (not Dodge, Chrysler, Freightliner or even Mercedes Benz) and then pick the correct model designation, eg 903 for T1N's, 906 for NCV3's.

Keith.

TinManKC

“12 Reyo
Any updates? Good or bad? I’m tired of the wireless phone thing
The Autel Maxim802 has worked great for me so far. I would recommend it, has allowed me to zero in on a couple of sensor issues pretty quickly. You get 1 vechicle set with the purchase of the device (your pick), and audio all vehicle types ( by manufacture) are $10 each. Currrently mine is setup for Mercedes Sprinter and Toyota.

Top Bottom