iCarSoft MB II users group discussion thread

Dietl

I need to buy a scanner for use on my 2008 Sprinter 2500 and on my 2018 Mercedes GLE. From the website I cannot tell the difference between the icarsoft MB II and the MB V2.0. The V2.0 seems to have more features but is cheaper on Amazon. (??). I attempted to call icarsoft but never got an answer. I subsequently sent an e-mail early this morning and have yet to hear back from anyone.

Two questions: First, is icarsoft going out of business? Some reviews on Amazon have implied that they are and several reviews indicate poor service support or no answer at all (which has been my experience). Second, does anyone know which scanner is best for use on both a Sprinter and a MB GLE?

EEOORR

There's a lot of comments about various scanners on their own, however has anyone used these two scanners side by side to compare which is best...

Autel MaxiDiag MD808 Pro
iCarsoft MB PRO V2.0

I want a good scanner to use with my 2002 TN1 (it has the round 14 pin OBD2 socket, so will obviously need a suitable adaptor), however it would be useful to be able to use the scanner on other vehicles.

Thanks in advance

There's a lot of comments about various scanners on their own, however has anyone used these two scanners side by side to compare which is best...

Autel MaxiDiag MD808 Pro
iCarsoft MB PRO V2.0

I want a good scanner to use with my 2002 TN1 (it has the round 14 pin OBD2 socket, so will obviously need a suitable adaptor), however it would be useful to be able to use the scanner on other vehicles.

Thanks in advance
I own both. The iCarsoft is a bit quicker than the Autel.

Even though the iCarsoft will do what is needed for your 2002, I would go for the Autel MD808 Pro. It will work with other than Mercedes products and offers a few additional features.

Back to the iCarsoft MBII user topic please.

:2cents: vic

EEOORR

Is anyone using the Autel MD808 Pro on their TN1 Sprinters with the round 14 pin OBD2 socket?

I'm now confused over MD808 Pro as one supplier has told me their Autel converter plug will not work with the MD808 Pro. They also say the MD808 Pro will not work with my van and recommended something twice the price of the Autel unit! (I will not be going there)

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Is anyone using the Autel MD808 Pro on their TN1 Sprinters with the round 14 pin OBD2 socket?

I'm now confused over MD808 Pro as one supplier has told me their Autel converter plug will not work with the MD808 Pro. They also say the MD808 Pro will not work with my van and recommended something twice the price of the Autel unit! (I will not be going there)
I only have an MD802 all systems but the Autel function list for the MD808 certainly seems to show it as covering the same modules on a 2002 - 2006 as the MD802 does...

http://download1.auteltech.net/Down...nter/en_MaxiDiag_E_Benz_Sprinter FUNCLIST.pdf

I seem to recall when I bought my MD802 one vendor saying the genuine Benz-CV14 adaptor would not work with my MD802 but I went ahead and ordered one as otherwise I could only connect to the engine ECM and sure enough it worked perfectly for all the modules I have.

I would go ahead and get an MD808 PRO and the adaptor. If you can't get an adaptor then get an Ali-Express cable and re-wire as per my earlier post.

Keith.

I have a 2015 Sprinter and a MB II scanner. As suggested by others here I was just poking around in all of the modules and I was happy to see the DEF level listed in one spot since my van does not have it available via the dash gauges. We are on a long trip and naturally I wanted to check the DEF level. Ha, I can’t find it again for the life of me. Can anyone tell me how to get to it?

Hi all I have a Icarsoft Mb V2 it arrived loaded with 11.15 and I get a lot of link errors, have spent quite some time trying various ways to read fuel rail pressure but to no avail .
I have updated to 11.25 as when I select 11.20 on the Icarsoft website they are linked and I am no better off than before .
Is there a way to down load 11.20 only ? as from reading the forum it appears the version I need .

joseknh

Can someone tell me what’s the right configuration On the MB II for a 2010 MB Sprinter 3500 ext 170 cargo van in the USA. so it goes like this
i click Mercedes Sprinter
select sprinter OK
V11.30 OK
then I have all this 6 different options
- Sprinter,
- vaneo (16PIN)
- vito/V-class model designation 638
- vito/viajó model designation 639 (OBDII)
- vito/v - class model designation 447
- vito/v - class model designation 448

so I click Sprinter 1st option but then I get 4 more different options;
- 906 (as of 2013)

thanks for your help

Last edited:

220817a

Independent & Self Reliant - From Chattanooga TN
Can someone tell me what’s the right configuration On the MB II for a 2010 MB Sprinter 3500 ext 170 cargo van in the USA. so it goes like this
i click Mercedes Sprinter
select sprinter OK
V11.30 OK
then I have all this 6 different options
- Sprinter,
- vaneo (16PIN)
- vito/V-class model designation 638
- vito/viajó model designation 639 (OBDII)
- vito/v - class model designation 447
- vito/v - class model designation 448

so I click Sprinter 1st option but then I get 4 more different options;
- 906 (as of 2013)

thanks for your help
906\Automatic Scan... Automatic scan will detect all the control modules. The engine control module is under CDI4 6, everything else pretty much self explanatory.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I picked up an iCarsoft v2.0 with MBII included for my 2009 OM651.

Looking through, whilst it has lots of useful live data streaming it doesn't actually appear to be able to teach in a new DPF.

Perhaps I missed the option.

Has anyone used an iCarsoft MBII to successfully do this?

I've queried this with iCarsoft and will update. It would be a real shame if it does not have the feature. As well as "Sprinter" I also have the "Mercedes" module on it. I've been testing some other avenues on there with OM651 vehicle types, but the navigation to teach in is not permitted.

On a different note can anyone confirm first hand if the Autel MD808 Pro has the ability to teach in a new DPF?

Last edited:
After finding the Icarsoft MB v2 pretty useless I contacted Icarsoft Support, and their reply was that it won’t work on a 14 pin Sprinter so where to from here?
Any suggestions?

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
After finding the Icarsoft MB v2 pretty useless I contacted Icarsoft Support, and their reply was that it won’t work on a 14 pin Sprinter so where to from here?
Any suggestions?
It may depending on what adaptor cable you use to connect to the MB 14 pin DLC.

I have an Autel MD802 and with a cheap eBay cable found I could only connect to the CDi module. A genuine Autel adaptor could then connect to all the modules on my T1N.

See this post for more info... https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/77817/

Keith.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I've had replies to my question from both parties, so to confirm for future reference: neither the Autel MD808 Pro or the iCarsoft V2.0 with Sprinter and Mercedes download and latest version firmware can teach in a new replacement DPF.

I have to flag readers to iCarsoft's poor support on this, as it's not the first first time I've asked them. A couple of weeks ago before ordering they said that the MD808 Pro could teach in a replacement DPF. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, however they did base their first response on a VIN specific enquiry (I did try to trick the iCarsoft unit into thinking it was connected to another Mercedes vehicle with the same engine in the hope of discovering the feature, but didn't have any success....).

Note: Autel now have the DS808EU which does have the capability, however as a workshop grade tool it's likely more of a spend than most would entertain. Infact it makes a knock-off Xentry seem cheap.

Last edited:
It may depending on what adaptor cable you use to connect to the MB 14 pin DLC.

I have an Autel MD802 and with a cheap eBay cable found I could only connect to the CDi module. A genuine Autel adaptor could then connect to all the modules on my T1N.

See this post for more info... https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/77817/

Keith.
Thanks for your reply I have sold the unit as Icarsoft support informed me that it’s not suitable for the round 14 pin and to use an adaptor could damage the unit and void the warranty.
will check out an Autel 802 for Compatibility it appears they have an Australian phone contact on their web site

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
...I have to flag readers to iCarsoft's poor support on this, as it's not the first first time I've asked them. A couple of weeks ago before ordering they said that the MD808 Pro iCarsoft MB V2.0 could teach in a replacement DPF.
Correction edit, my mistake.

Last edited:

Thanks for your reply I have sold the unit as Icarsoft support informed me that it’s not suitable for the round 14 pin and to use an adaptor could damage the unit and void the warranty.
Interesting.
The difference in the plugs is configuration/design. To my knowledge both connections provide all of the same connections it's just that the plugs/pins differ.

The proper adapter with the complete number of connecting wires does need to be purchased/applied.

will check out an Autel 802 for Compatibility it appears they have an Australian phone contact on their web site
I'd look into the newer MD808 Pro.

But back to the iCarsoft MBII topic.

vic

turbo911

Re: iCarsoft MBII diagnostic tool review

I am curious if this will access the A/C or the Central Locking System. If you have any experience with accessing either of these modules I would be glad to know.

Thanks,

John
i dont think besides telling you that there is a ground fault that there is access to ac and locking system

it seems you can only get data stream in the transmission module. So no rail pressure or anything related is available. Is this what others have found?
it does rail pressure

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Updating this thread to confirm the steps for DPF regenerations on iCarsoft V2.0.

There are numerous model variations on this scanner according to which marque the buyer might opt for e.g. POR V2.0, VAWS V2.0, MB V2.0, LR V2.0, BMW V2.0 and so on.

Note: I understand that the iCarsoft scanner models MB V2.0 and CR V2.0 are identical, the former being specifically / only for Mercedes-Benz, the latter having the option to upload up to ten different marques which you then select from as appropriate. It's worth noting this as for reasons best known to themselves iCarsoft do not support Sprinters through their Mercedes-Benz software. There is some compatibility from the Mercedes-Benz menu but I found more functionality via their "Sprinter" file download instead (i.e. you might need to be able to upload more than one marque onto the scanner, but not realise until after purchase).

I said that I would clarify DPF data and service functions, for a moving or stationary DPF regeneration this is the order of inputs on an iCarsoft CR V2.0 with Sprinter file on a 2009 Euro OM651:

>Service
>DPF
>Sprinter (not Mercedes-Benz)
>Version V11.25
>906
>IGN ON
>F2
>IGN OFF
>Choice of "Regeneration whilst driving" or "Regeneration" (doesn't state stationary but appears to mean this)
>IGN ON
>Explanation of parameters
>F2
>Test prerequisites
>F2 begins selected regeneration command providing prerequisites are met.

Sub note: I had queried DPF teach in with iCarsoft pre-purchase, and was initially told that this package could perform it. Only post purchase did I find that actually it can't, and when I queried it again with iCarsoft they then said that it doesn't (?!). I did consider returning the unit, but decided not to in the end. Navigation is laborious (think Windows 95) but it has good functionality for the price, reading thirty one modules on my 906 and comprehensive data streaming variables. Plus mine has ten different marques uploaded. Plus what I actually learnt in the process is that my DPF is in finer health than I thought it was, so it has served one purpose already for around the same price as one main dealer labour hour. Having said that don't be under any illusion that the iCarsoft has anything like Star functionality (I'm sure you weren't). I would class it as a step up from entry level, that's all.

Further sub note: as shipped the buyer has to download an app and then first update the firmware on the iCarsoft scanner before then further uploading your desired marque options (no iOS option it has to be via Windows). Quite frankly, just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Ted939

2008 Dodge 2500 NCV3 144" high-roof 2WD OM642

If you have the MB "datacard" for your Sprinter, the "903.6" appears as the first numbers in the loooong identifier number.
Thus my "external VIN": WDRPD144355821254 has an MB-internal number: WDR90367115821254 6
Note the "9036" in that 2nd number.

--dick
Thanks for your great info here! (some bunch of years later)
Curious, why do you mention this 9036/datacard/long ID # info?
I don't see you or the original poster here mention anything about it, previously.
Thanks!

Ted939

2008 Dodge 2500 NCV3 144" high-roof 2WD OM642
MB II has potential, too bad it is not simpler user interface resorting to trial and error , or trying and erring, well I have managed get my 2008 906 to DPF regen mode, it is hidden in general Mercedes menus, has two modes , stationary and moving vehicle, I choose stationary, after some warnings it will run automatically engine to about 1900 RPMs for about 20 mins, engine has slightly different sound, appears that all other systems are disengaged. Well I can't really peek in DPF canister but it appears that it did the job....
Thanks for this great info!
To be clear, are you saying that you used the MB II (not the MB v2.0) to get your 2008 into DPF regen mode?
I, too, have a 2008 Sprinter and want to do a DPF regen. Would you tell me where you found those hidden settings??
Thanks!

Top Bottom