Sprinter 4x4 Wheels

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
even more important and VERY pertinent...
just who is going to LIFT a tire & wheel that high and why block a window ??
I’m guessing they are at least a 285 judging by how much they stick out past the wheel wells (the Van will be constantly dirty because of that) and looks to be a 70 series judging by the amount of sidewall...

Boathik

Tinkerer extraordinaire
Hey, that looks great. How do you like the flares? I am on the fence. They look good.

Matt
So far so good. I had a bad experience with the 1st shop that painted them. Make sure you are on the same page with them on what level of quality you are paying for, before going ahead.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Vellay

Anyone know what wheels and tire size these might be? Sizing looks awesome.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
S

Sprinter17170

2017 4x4 170 here. I’d like to upgrade the wheel package for most of the same reasons everyone else does. My question is if I go to a 17 - 7.5 rim to allow for 265/70R 17 tires do I need to order them with offset and if so how much? Would the offset change if it was a 17 -8” rim? Looking at Yokohama Geolandar M/T G003 if anyone has experience or disparaging comments related to this tire as well...

so I just went with the Method Standards 17X7.5 6X130 6.2BS -50OS p/n MRWMR30177563550 (50mm offset) with the Yokohama Geolandar LT265/70R17 M/T 003’s. Everything fit nicely including the spare without modification of the spare bracket.

Attachments

Profreshneil

Hi all, be careful to get the correct wheel studs, mine were to long on the rear and i had to cut 5mm off to stop them catching on the handbrake mechanism, i think they were 45mm thread length and should have been 40mm... Rims are Black Rhino Warlords, Front seem ok

mcguyver

so I just went with the Method Standards 17X7.5 6X130 6.2BS -50OS p/n MRWMR30177563550 (50mm offset) with the Yokohama Geolandar LT265/70R17 M/T 003’s. Everything fit nicely including the spare without modification of the spare bracket.

That looks great.
I have just ordered the Method MR701 and will be fititng BFG 265/70r17 KO2

Vantime

Those look like hutchinson rock monster beedlocks. Roam built sells them in the 6x130 pattern. I'd guess around $750/wheel. These are true beedlocks vs the beedLOOK wheels that roam built typically sells. If we upgrade wheels, this is what we're getting.

https://www.gwagenparts.com/product...wheels-for-mercedes-g-class-in-argent-silver/
https://www.roambuilt.com/product/hutchinson-16x7-5/
Have you gotten a hold of Roma built. I want these wheels too. I expect it might be possible to get them direct from Hutchinson especially if it was more than 1 set. Anyone else on here interested in a set of the g wagon double beadlocks in a 6x130?

StevenP

There are quite a few options for 255/80R17 tires (33), anyone running that size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhan

There are quite a few options for 255/80R17 tires (33), anyone running that size?

My brother just installed 255/80R16 BFG MTs on his 2016 170 4x4. No rubs and no mods to fender well, but a little louder than the stock Contis.

Onefin

That a popular size with people that change over to black rhino and method wheels in 17”
The size is almost exactly the same as a 255/85r16, but the recent trend to larger wheels diameters means that more tire manufacturers offer e load all terrain tires in the 255/80r17 size.

If you can handle the aesthetics of a larger wheel on a 4x4 and the loss of sidewall height......this is a great size for a sprinter with numerous good tires available....most likely more to come.

Anyone running 20in rims?! I ask because I recently came across a new custom set of 4 with new tires. My little bit of research tells me they are not recommended to ill-advised. But they indeed exist and are available.

Attachments

TXdaveski

Anyone running 20in rims?! I ask because I recently came across a new custom set of 4 with new tires. My little bit of research tells me they are not recommended to ill-advised. But they indeed exist and are available.
I await the same response. I can feel the wheel move in and out of my tires due to sidewall flexing when a strong cross wind hits the side of the van. I would happily give up the perceived off-road ability of that tall sidewall for more stability on the road. There are times when my front tires roll onto the sidewalls around sharp curves at speed to the point I'm bracing for the bead to break loose.

Not recommended by who? Every situation is different and not everyone needs a load range E tire on little bitty wheels, my van weighs considerably less than some conversions out there. I quickly tire of everyone telling me what I CAN'T do.

The only time a tall sidewall is required off road is when you reduce air pressure for a bigger footprint. If I'm in that situation, I'll drive slow and avoid hitting big rocks.

Do those wheels fit the Sprinter bolt pattern? And spacers might be required as the offset doesn't 'look' right.
I would buy those in a heartbeat!!!

Could you provide more details, manufacturer, size, location, price???

brownvan

2017 4X4 HR 144"
How bad is it to run a 265/75/16 or a 285/75/16 on a stock 6.5 inch aluminum rim ?
I think the offset is different between the aluminum and steel 16" OEM wheels - I believe the aluminum puts the rubber closer to the strut & wheel-well...

From VC:
"4x4 2015+ Sprinter 4x4
Wheel Facts:
6 x 130mm, 84.1mm bore
245/75/16 stock tire size
Factory Steel - 16 x 6.5, 54mm offset
Factory Alloy - 16 x 6.5, 63mm offset
* Numerically smaller offset makes wheel stick out further
* Offset is measured from center of wheel to mounting surface"

I am running 285/75/R16 on the 16" OEM steel wheels

tim760

Is anybody running 255/70r17 tires? And if so, thoughts? Pictures? Seems to be a good compromise between stock tire size and the more common 265/70r17, but I can't find any posts or info... Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

Top Bottom