Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 02-14-2020, 08:40 PM   #11
Shadow5501

Default Re: 2020 Sprinter Chassis delays, last 2019 Chassis, and changes at LTV oh my…..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frubino View Post
I think the transition from bi xenon to LED headlights? Don said the last of the 2019 Chassis came in with halogen bulbs because the LEDS we not available?
No, not quite. The new 2019 chassis originally came with the optional LED lights. I have one of the first ones (#99 built July 2018) and it has LED. Due to some kind of supplier issue they have fallen back to the base halogen lights in many current chassis. LEDs will return when the supply chain gets up to speed.

The older chassis up through 2018 model year had the bi-xenon option.
Shadow5501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:02 AM   #12
heylehmann

Default Re: 2020 Sprinter Chassis delays, last 2019 Chassis, and changes at LTV oh my…..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinemartin View Post
Does anybody know if there are any new features or updates on the 2020 chassis as compared to the 2019 chassis?
I sure would love to see the integrated side-view cameras like on the Airstream!
heylehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:05 AM   #13
Randy Duplechain

We just purchased a 2019 Unity FX with the new MB Chassis. Has all the options except for the safe. If someone is interested in not waiting for their ordered unit to arrive we may be willing to sell. Has never been camped in. Only mileage is the 2,700 miles of driving from the west coast where we bought it to the east coast where we live. Can provide additional details to any interested party.
Randy Duplechain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:47 AM   #14
Scarecrow
2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed

Thanked 1,151 Times in 602 Posts

Your frustration will not end even after they tell you its going to ship. At that point, stop calling the Dealer or Don or anybody else at LTV - and call and ask LTV for their Shipping Manager. He/She will be the only one with correct info, once it's committed. I got so many false dates passed from one person to another back in 2016 it was silly.

I do hope Don is okay, as well. He has been a reliable, consistent source for info at the Shows. Always a gentleman!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarecrow For This Useful Post:
Frubino (02-17-2020), Musicgrazer (02-15-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 12:55 PM   #15
SSTraveler
2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed

Thanked 1,719 Times in 879 Posts

Someone is reporting over on the Leisure Facebook that due to the Emissions issues Mercedes isn't even speculating as to when the 2020 chassis will be available. It sounds like Leisure might be very optimistic in it's thinking that they will receive 2020 Sprinter chassis in May. The new Ford gas chassis supply can't keep up with it's high demand and as such are experiencing delays as well, it would certainly be worth considering a used Leisure if you want one sooner than 1-2 years.

Possibly the Class B Sprinter/Ford/Ram van builds are more readily available and would be a good alternative for some. The March issue of Motorhome Magazine highlights the NEW Coachman Beyond (new Ford gas chassis), https://coachmenrv.com/class-b-motorhomes/beyond, with 600ah Lithonics Lithium batteries, 2000w inverter, 12vdc-20,000 BTU air conditioner, Truma Combi electric or propane operated water heater and furnace, DC/AC Nova Kool Compressor Refrigerator, induction cooktop, 12vdc TV, Firefly multiplex coach controller, solar, second alternator battery charging, onboard generator, Sumo Springs, and more. They claim entire coach self sufficiency for up to 6 hours and that second alternator or generator can recharge the batteries in just 1.5 hours. The manufacturers are really going all out on putting the technology in their Class B van builds. This certainly ticks off a lot of boxes for me but I'm not ready to give up my Unity yet. I'm just glad to see when I'm interested in getting a new motorhome that I can find ones with features I'm looking for. It would be nice to buy something that already meets all your needs as opposed to doing all the work to make modifications yourself!

Last edited by SSTraveler; 02-15-2020 at 04:06 PM.
SSTraveler is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SSTraveler For This Useful Post:
Meeks (02-15-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 06:00 PM   #16
kmay
2013 Unity MB

Read this story the past week: https://www.theguardian.com/business...r-slump-by-5bn

On top of lower profits, slashed dividends and 10,000 planned job cuts, this sentence stood out: "Much of the pain for Daimler was felt in its vans division, which swung to an annual loss of €3.1bn because of legal costs. Earnings before interest and tax in the Mercedes-Benz division halved to €3.36bn."

I have been reading about teething pains the traditional car makers are experiencing in producing a viable and competitive electric vehicle and Mercedes has not been spared in this arena either. Further, markets have begun actions to ban internal combustion engines (ICE) for new vehicle sales. For example, parliament has taken up a measure to ban ICE in the United Kingdom starting in 2035. Makers late to the dance with viable EV face enormous costs.

Despite demand for the product, sometimes the numbers just don't equal enough profit to continue. Hope this isn't the case for the Sprinter.
kmay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmay For This Useful Post:
Meeks (02-15-2020)