SERENITY WEIGHT?

slinkblot

I know the GVWR and GCWR limits based on the vehicle documentation. I need the ACTUAL weight (curb weight) of the Serenity (2018) without passenger and cargo, so that I can more accurately calculate the actual loading capacity for myself. What is the curb weight of the Serenity.

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
You didn't specify but do you own the vehicle, or have access to it? If so the work should be done for you as there should be a sticker inside one of the cabinet doors indicating weight capacities, including OCCC (Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity.) OCCC indicates the maximum combined weight of occupants and cargo, the weight of a full tank of fresh water and the number of seating positions that have seat belts (assuming 150 lbs. per passenger) so basically, the total load carrying capacity which seems to be what you are looking for. If you actually need the curb/UVW (Unladen Vehicle Weight) you can use the formula: OCCC = GVWR - (UVW + Propane)

Last edited:

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
Yes...what the Esteemed Mr. Miller has stated. Use his formula... Simple.

One comment on the OCCC.... the weight of fresh water is deducted from the stated OCCC. Also, the weight placed on the hitch is deducted, if towing. (not the towed weight) Also, any thing you have afixed to the chassis, like a satellite dish is deducted. Obviously, if it is afixed to the RV it will, conversely raise the curb weight.

Last edited:

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
I'm confused... everything I have read says that the weight of a full fresh water tank in included in OCCC..?
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Yes, that is correct. It is included in the OCCC....it is "carried weight". If you add water....you have to deduct that weight from the stated OCCC....to get the actual useful load at a given time.

Useful load is a floating number depends on how much water you carry at a particular time.

Probably an arcane exercise but nice to know, IMHO.

Last edited:

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
OK, same thing with passengers I guess, i.e. if you don't have a passenger for each seat then you can deduct 150 lbs for the empty seat(s) and add it to the 'cargo' capacity. But basically OCCC is 'all the weight you can carry' (less propane for some reason.) A good figure to know because these days it's usually a lot less than buyers assume.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
If you are concerned just take it to your local CAT Scales and get it weighed. I have been using the RV sometimes as a Pickup Truck so it's weight is all over the map. Never had any issues.

It seems like they designed it well enough for what it is. Not taking it to the racetrack. Now that I have new brakes I am no longer worried that it won't stop.

-Randy

jmcarter

FYI that my 19/19 Serenity weighed 10,260 (3880 on front axle) with 300 pounds of passengers (I won’t divulge the distribution between my wife and I), full fuel and ~100 pounds of miscellaneous cargo. Fresh water ~20 gallons and both gray and black tanks were empty.

hoosierrun

FYI that my 19/19 Serenity weighed 10,260 (3880 on front axle) with 300 pounds of passengers (I won’t divulge the distribution between my wife and I), full fuel and ~100 pounds of miscellaneous cargo. Fresh water ~20 gallons and both gray and black tanks were empty.
Steel or aluminum wheels?

Top Bottom