05 t1n 316cdi side windows

BENDA

Hi everyone,happy new year,
I have replaced the side windows in my316 ex nsw ambo so have a pair of windows available,
they are 1814mmlongX615mmhigh,dark tinted, ARD compliant,complete with mounting rubbers.
very good condition.
anyone interested?
ben

Attachments

BENDA

Hi owner,
I replaced them with sliding opening windows,they were made for me by A.J. Plastics in brisbane,rear half of window slides forward,with fly screen and lock,in dark tint auto safty glass, gives good cross flow of air when camping.
ben

PeterInSa

We have the windout windows/flyscreen as per some caravans, great for breeze but not good for security at night when your fast asleep.

Peter

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Thanks that sounds pretty good ben, I'd like to do something like that on mine eventually. Can you tell us the price? and have you got a pic of what the window looks like fitted on the sprinter?

BENDA

Hi owner,
windows cost me $680 each, you can save by opting for ,lighter tint ,no tint, acrylic instead of glass and different frame finishes, if you are near melbourne thereis a factory there so you can save on freight, cost me $80 from brisbane
ben

Attachments

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
That looks bloody good on the Sprinter, looks almost factory fitted. I believe the factory ones only have a smallish sliding part, yours looks like half 'n half, so even better than factory.

Yes I'm in Melbourne so would be cheaper. I also have the LWB and so my rearmost windows are a fair bit smaller than yours, so should be even yet still cheaper!

Will definitely call them up for a quote when I'm nearing completion of my conversion. Thanks again for the info and pic.

PS good luck selling your old windows lol, and sorry to derail your thread a bit.

BENDA

Hi owner,
glad to be of help, something to be aware of ;its important to get very accurate measurement of the actual hole size the window fits into, also there is a slight curve that runs vertically down the van side so a 7mm spacer needs to be placed under the top and bottom flanges of the new window (check your own van with a strait edge in case its different) if you don't do this you will break the window when you pop rivet the window into the van, it is sealed with silecon, you will need 3.2dia x 12.7long pop rivets to get through the spacers. I found getting the old windows out to be the hardest part of the job, make yourself 3or4 trim sticks and wedges out of wood then you won;t damage the paintwork,screwdrivers are a no/no. if youneed any more info just email me at cootsclub@bigpond.com
regards ben

Top Bottom