Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Nonrelated Sprinter things to say? This is the place to be (although certain threads that are politically or religiously charged will be moved to the DZ).
SubForums: Health The Funnies The Danger Zone

Old 10-10-2006, 06:27 PM   #11
xtraworx
Master Craftsman

Default Re: Introduce yourself

I'm Bob. I'm retired after 30 years with IBM. Have 3 grown kids, 4 grand kids. Wife has PhD in Marriage and Family Theropy (so I don't stand a chance). She heads a family violance agency in the local area.

I acquired a 2004 Dodge 3500 flat bed in August of this year from dealer in Ohio. It had only 1500 miles on it and they were ready to move it. Deal so good, I could afford to fly up and drive it back!

My business is making custom furniture so truck configuration will be perfect for hauling raw materials form lumber yard/mill and delivering end product. See www.saladosawmill.com

Look forward to your entries on this forum.
xtraworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #12
BFargin1

Greetings...I'm Brian and I teach MIS/Computer classes at a mid-sized regional state university here in TN. I love flying and was a pliot (AF) for a living in my former life. I still have a little airplane that I fly on most days where my schedule allows and the WX cooperates.

I like the format of this site and look forward to seeing it grow and prosper.
Cheers,
Old 11-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #13
My_3_Girls

Hiya,

Although I don't technically own a Sprinter, I do drive one every day. It's the perfect display vehicle to show a few lines of vinyl railing and composite decking that my company distributes. I'm most often found in New England either at lumber yards or jobsites. People like to walk thru a rolling display and the high top means not much bumping of the noggins. I guarantee if you've seen me on the road, you would instantly recognize the vehicle. I'll get a pic as soon as I get it out of the repair shop. She's a 2002 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 with about 140,000 miles.
My_3_Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:03 AM   #14
frostback
junior sprinter

Hi all, my name is Derek greetings from the wet coast of British Columbia. I'm a father of two with #3 on the way. My wife and I just purchased a 2003 140 shc passenger van from ebay. We flew down to San Antonio and picked it up. We absolutely love it, nothing like a 2800 mile trial by fire. It was missing the rear seats when we bought it but thanks to Rudi in Phoenix we got matching benches and a Mercedes grill. Thanks Rudi. Aside from the surpentine belt beginning to fray and blowing a fuel line clip it was a pretty uneventful trip.
This Sprinter will carry my growing family and their friends on all their outdoor pursuits for years to come I'm sure. A set of Blizzaks and she's gonna be the ski bus of choice.
frostback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #15
al albanowski
Cry Baby Al

Hi everyone,
My name is Al, my wife's name is Janet. On 7/22/06 he purchased our first RV,a Roadtrek RS. We looked at every concievable make and model for at least 5 years. While traveling back home to Gettysburg we passed an RV dealership late one Sunday afternoon,we both saw our unit sitting on the corner. This vehicle immediately filled our wants and needs,rare for a married couple. We like the size,efficiency,driveability,modern appearence,diesel,open view,accessories,warranty,workmanship,German practicality,turning radius,small is beautiful,less is more,it fits our personalities,what a TOY. I am looking forward all other Sprinter owners,I even talk to the Fed X drivers.

With common interest,
Al
al albanowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #16
Johnny

Hi,
i am Johnny 41years old i live in Germany with my wife and son.
my hobbys is my Job, airbrush and customizing .
i always did drive mercedes vans since i have my license i love it
i use my Sprinter every day
looking forward to see this site growing
Old 01-11-2007, 02:51 AM   #17
Old Master

I'm another retired Navy guy (hello Llarry), living in the Cincinnati area, doing a bit of driving and a bit of boating...well, maybe a lot of boating. I have a standard, high-top, windowless cargo '04 Sprinter. I did the conversion from cargo van to camper van. If you suddenly woke up in the bed, and you had never seen my van and had no clue where you were...you would absolutely swear you were in the captain's stateroom onboard an old wooden sailing ship. Well, you just have to see it. And most significantly, I don't think I spent over $200 on materials. Of course, when I began buying accessories, the $$$ went up. I love the idea of driving over to PA for a Sprinter get-together, but then I like to drive to the grocery...or where ever. Ahh...I've gone on too long here. Nice meeting y'all!

John
Old Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:18 AM   #18
Altered Sprinter
Happy Little Vegemite

Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Master View Post
I'm another retired Navy guy (hello Llarry), living in the Cincinnati area, doing a bit of driving and a bit of boating...well, maybe a lot of boating. I have a standard, high-top, windowless cargo '04 Sprinter. I did the conversion from cargo van to camper van. If you suddenly woke up in the bed, and you had never seen my van and had no clue where you were...you would absolutely swear you were in the captain's stateroom onboard an old wooden sailing ship. Well, you just have to see it. And most significantly, I don't think I spent over $200 on materials. Of course, when I began buying accessories, the $$$ went up. I love the idea of driving over to PA for a Sprinter get-together, but then I like to drive to the grocery...or where ever. Ahh...I've gone on too long here. Nice meeting y'all!

John
Hello John
Welcome to our forum . we hope you enjoy your stay with us, not sure where the Captains are! "Must be asleep on the watch I" there Capt's! were Ave' to make em', walk the plank.
You must show us a few pics of the Mahogany Mystery Ship (SPRINTER) I'm sure as time goes by, you'll have an ol' Captains land lumbers tail, of your wondering! Back to the sea.
Ah'rr Me lad's, What be the difference.. between a Ship! and a Boat? Ah'rr
Richard
No Shalam - No Shalom
Now lets take back the - Sprinter-Forum.

Of course I'm being totally biased.
Driving my life Away in a 313 Cdi Mercedes-Sprinter

Last edited by Altered Sprinter; 01-11-2007 at 04:20 AM.
Altered Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:45 AM   #19
Old Master

"Ah'rr Me lad's, What be the difference.. between a Ship! and a Boat? Ah'rr...Richard"

Ah'rr...Richard: The difference is (drumroll) Donald Trump owns a ship, and I own a boat.

John
Old Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:36 AM   #20
Altered Sprinter
Happy Little Vegemite

Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Master View Post
"Ah'rr Me lad's, What be the difference.. between a Ship! and a Boat? Ah'rr...Richard"

Ah'rr...Richard: The difference is (drumroll) Donald Trump owns a ship, and I own a boat.

John
Ah'rr Me hearty's Now being from the lowlands down under , that explains the difference!!!!!!
"DONALD TRUMP" owns a ship?
Does that mean that a boat, has oars! "And she can be steered!" But a ship? Ah'rr She be,but "full of whores"
I like that one. Richard
No Shalam - No Shalom
Now lets take back the - Sprinter-Forum.

Of course I'm being totally biased.
Driving my life Away in a 313 Cdi Mercedes-Sprinter

Altered Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altered Sprinter For This Useful Post:
Kat (03-17-2011), Palawna Sprinter (11-09-2011)