T1N Under mount Tank Group Buy

neufuture

'06 140" High Roof T1N
I'm am about to make a purchase for a custom under mount (underbody) tank. Could be used for fresh or gray water. Mounts on either side of vehicle. I will be mounting it underbody just behind drivers seat location. Will include NTF Fittings. If 9 other people are interested, the price will be

$195 for the materials/labor
$85 for the tooling (total tooling is $850 divided by 10 buyers)
TOTAL $280 plus shipping cost depending on location

Holds ~10 gallons or 38 liters of liquid
Hole at top for a standard fill gauge
Inlet/outlet and vent fittings

If you are at all interested, please get in touch! I'm happy to answer any questions

Attachments

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Does the tank go in the position that the (optional) rear heat exchanger occupies?
(basically the "mirror" of the sliding door's foot step)

RearHeaterBoxValve.png

--dick

Last edited:

99sport

I am in - even if you don't get 10 people and the price is higher. I have been planning a custom tank in this location our of some material, whether it be DIY or professionally made.

Where would this be made / shipped from (so that I can estimate shipping)?
Do they put the fittings in last - ie, could I get the fittings in a different location?
I only measured with a tape measure, and not particularly accurately, but I was getting 7" x 11" by 36" for the area behind the drivers seat between the frame rail and the rocker panel. I have a 158" WB. How do you plan to mount it / is 7.5" wide enough room for mounting straps?

Thanks - this is perfect timing for me!

neufuture

'06 140" High Roof T1N
I am in - even if you don't get 10 people and the price is higher. I have been planning a custom tank in this location our of some material, whether it be DIY or professionally made.

Where would this be made / shipped from (so that I can estimate shipping)?
Do they put the fittings in last - ie, could I get the fittings in a different location?
I only measured with a tape measure, and not particularly accurately, but I was getting 7" x 11" by 36" for the area behind the drivers seat between the frame rail and the rocker panel. I have a 158" WB. How do you plan to mount it / is 7.5" wide enough room for mounting straps?

Thanks - this is perfect timing for me!

It's from tank-mart.com which is in Liberty Hill, TX 78642
I'll ask them about the fittings
Yes mounting straps, I'll double check the measurements. I'm sure 11" would be fine, I think I was just being conservative to not bottom out on the tank.
I just found out lead time would be 4-6 weeks
I'm going to check out one other spot, but I got about 10 quotes and this was the best so far.

Here's the pricing break down if we don't get the full 10 units (the price per unit also goes up)

2: $675
3: $533
4: $462
5: $420
6: $391
7: $371
8: $356
9: $344
10: $280

autostaretx

Erratic Member
(math is fun)
q each total that "extra" tank cost...
2: $675 $1350 $675
3: $533 $1600 $250
4: $462 $1848 $248
5: $420 $2100 $252
6: $391 $2346 $246
7: $371 $2597 $251
8: $356 $2848 $255
9: $344 $3096 $248
10: $280 $2800 -$296 <minus

--dick (not a complaint, just amused by pricing)

99sport

I did some crawling around under the van last night and some searching on the internet. I found the following Ronco tanks: B525 is a 7x11x26 inch tank that will fit in that space. It's 7.5 gallons and $80 with $36 shipping to me. It is a couple of gallons less than a custom tank, but assuming only 2 or 3 of us are interested in a custom tank, the extra 2 gallons isn't worth $500 to me.

I have a 158" and in that same area, but behind the middle cross member, is another space and the Ronco B360 (8.5x10x23.5, 8 gallon) will fit in that space. So if I use each of these tanks I will have just over 15 gallon capacity - so that is my current plan unless we get a lot more interest in a custom tank.

https://ronco-plastics.com/product/water-waste-holding-tank/

neufuture

'06 140" High Roof T1N

neufuture

'06 140" High Roof T1N
I did some crawling around under the van last night and some searching on the internet. I found the following Ronco tanks: B525 is a 7x11x26 inch tank that will fit in that space. It's 7.5 gallons and $80 with $36 shipping to me. It is a couple of gallons less than a custom tank, but assuming only 2 or 3 of us are interested in a custom tank, the extra 2 gallons isn't worth $500 to me.

I have a 158" and in that same area, but behind the middle cross member, is another space and the Ronco B360 (8.5x10x23.5, 8 gallon) will fit in that space. So if I use each of these tanks I will have just over 15 gallon capacity - so that is my current plan unless we get a lot more interest in a custom tank.

https://ronco-plastics.com/product/water-waste-holding-tank/
There is also this, which is a little bigger
https://www.tank-mart.com/rv-marine...anks/9-gallon-rectangle-plastic-tank-145.html

99sport

I saw that along with B100 as an alternative for the rear tank. Due to the angles, the tank you posted (B341) would be more difficult to mount - but it does fit and is a little bigger. On the 158 I can gang two tanks together, but if you can only fit one tank the extra gallon and a half might be worth the added complexity of mounting an angled tank.

neufuture

'06 140" High Roof T1N
I saw that along with B100 as an alternative for the rear tank. Due to the angles, the tank you posted (B341) would be more difficult to mount - but it does fit and is a little bigger. On the 158 I can gang two tanks together, but if you can only fit one tank the extra gallon and a half might be worth the added complexity of mounting an angled tank.

Yes I just realized now it had weird angles! good catch!

Top Bottom