Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #11
GeorgeRa
2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB

Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,496 Posts
Default Re: Shorter Parking Brake Cable for 144

I am in the midst of installation with the seat removed so I took these pictures of the folding lever. See 2 up and down positions.

When I installed the Sportscraft swivelís handbrake lowering bracket I didnít change the brake release cable so I assume this folding lever will not require a new cable.

I hope to finish this installation this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00731.jpg (72.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00732.jpg (78.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00733.jpg (90.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00734.jpg (90.9 KB, 33 views)

https://goo.gl/photos/2NCR3teXLSwNYSwN8
GeorgeRa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #12
sprinterPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE View Post
Ha Ha, the folding handle itself. I literally could not find an image of it anywhere yesterday. You type in Sprinter and well, it can be tough to find what you're looking for.

I'm trying to see how it works, can't imagine it yet in my head. I'll have all the parts by mid week next week.

TH

It works like your normal handle but when the brake is locked ( in handle up position) you can push it down to swivel.

Allows you to get up on ramps to level van and still keep brake locked. Then swivel your chair.

You simply pull back up to engage and then press button and push down again to release the brake.

I had to go to the shorter cable. The longer cable would just shove grommet out of the floor.

If u need pic installed I can find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sprinterPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:06 AM   #13
IPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinterPaul View Post
It works like your normal handle but when the brake is locked ( in handle up position) you can push it down to swivel.

Allows you to get up on ramps to level van and still keep brake locked. Then swivel your chair.

You simply pull back up to engage and then press button and push down again to release the brake.

I had to go to the shorter cable. The longer cable would just shove grommet out of the floor.

If u need pic installed I can find one.

I'm pretty certain mine shoved the grommet out too, but I haven't felt like lying in the snow to check. Seems like many have gone with the lowered bracket and managed to get the cable to slide through though. Since the handle is pointed down with the new bracket A - I find it less in the way when I move about without the brake engaged, and B - I'm pretty sure you can still swivel with the brake engaged. This was the bracket from Alpine Mechanisms.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:56 AM   #14
sprinterPaul

Default Shorter Parking Brake Cable for 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPT View Post
I'm pretty certain mine shoved the grommet out too, but I haven't felt like lying in the snow to check. Seems like many have gone with the lowered bracket and managed to get the cable to slide through though. Since the handle is pointed down with the new bracket A - I find it less in the way when I move about without the brake engaged, and B - I'm pretty sure you can still swivel with the brake engaged. This was the bracket from Alpine Mechanisms.

I have a lower seat base. That's part of the issue too. It's much lower than the lowering bracket. Forgot to mention that.

With the brake up the handle is in the way and there's no way it will swivel. That being said I don't have the same setup as you. Maybe it works with stock base and alpine swivel.

sprinterPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sprinterPaul For This Useful Post:
IPT (01-12-2019)