Owner Experience

Thenkler

Hi All:

First, thanks to the moderators for adding this sub-forum.

Second I am seriously considering the Wayfarer and would love to hear feedback.

I keep vacillating between the twin bed and queen slide. The weight issue worries me on the rear queen so what are owners seeing for ccc?

The refrigerator on the twin bed seems small. What has been the experience for those owners?

Overall it looks like a very nice coach. I don't want or need the bed over the cab but it would be a shame to cover up the front window with a cabinet and entertainment cent. My thought was to remove the folding portion of the bed and have some side cabinets installed leaving the window open. Something that could be reversed by a subsequent owner.

I would have loved to go to Hersey to compare with the WB and other models but alas, real life called.

Comments and thoughts greatly appreciated.

Domenick

Hi

My wife and I traded in our 2016 Citation 24SA for the Tiffin Wayfarer QW. We love it. The layout was perfect for us. The Sprinter drives like a large SUV.

The TW was not available when I bought my QW. I looked at them since and can see some pros and cons. I would still go with the QW because we wanted the dinette which is only available on the QW. I am not sure about your concerns over the weight distribution of the QW versus the TW.

If you would like to talk to me more about my experiences (All positive) with Tiffin and my QW private message me.

If you do go with the Wayfarer please stay in touch.

Domenick

Thenkler

Finally a response, Thanks Domenick!

I bounce back and forth between the QW, TW and BW. The FW is nice but I don't like a bed without a headboard and I would end up having to climb over the wife to get up.

I like the bathroom on the BW/TW, the bed size on the TW (it's the longest) and the living area of the QW. At this size there are compromises to be made. I am not ready to take the leap so there is still plenty of time to dwell over the choices.

With the one slide of the TW I assume it leaves more weight carrying than the others. What is the dry weight of your rig?

What made you choose Tiffin ove WB?

GB007

I'm trying to figure out on the new FW if there is a couch or something under the Murphy bed. I can't find any pics of the FW and just one video and a floor plan layout that just shows a bed. Trying to decide if I want to wait on the FW or go for the Winnebago 24D with the Murphy bed.

Last edited:

Skycrane77

Skycrane77
We're taking delivery in a few days on a new 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24BW and we'll post our review after we drive it from Tucson to Vegas. It came down to the Winnebago View, Dynamax Isata 3, or the Wayfarer, but we believe the Wayfarer offered more features such as full body paint, diesel genset, Spyder multiplex controls, and the Mercedes driver assist features, plus Tiffin quality. We're downsizing from a 40' Winnebago Journey, so it will take some getting used to, but it's our second Sprinter-based RV (Had a Winnebago Via) and we love the way they drive and the ability to get into any campground, especially National Forest campgrounds.

GB007

Thanks for the link Thenkler, I think those pics just made my decision to go with the Winnebago 24D. That table setup is disappointing coming from Tiffin. Looks like they tried to just throw something together quick to compete without putting much thought into the design and use of the space when the bed is up. One of the reasons for a Murphy bed it to be able to utilize the space when the bed is up. I think LTV has the best looking design/use of the Murphy bed but I also need the overhead bed that LTV doesn't offer. I'm not real pleased with the looks of the legs on the Winnebago bed when it's up, that's also a design fail. I can probably redesign the leg set up on the Winnebago, but at least they have a couch in place when the bed is up.

It's a bummer, I was leaning toward the Tiffin since it already came with so much standard.

gregkillborn

I'm wondering how much weight is available to add in the mb unit. i heard the Tiffins have barely any extra weight to add in.

lbfjrmd

Thanks for the link Thenkler, I think those pics just made my decision to go with the Winnebago 24D. It's a bummer, I was leaning toward the Tiffin since it already came with so much standard.
And ... helped me decide on the wayfarer. Thanks also!

bugsbunny

You Tuber CreativityRV did a couple of walk thrus on her new Tiffin Class C. She also has a website. She seems to like it after having a LTV B+..Great Practical Channel.

CadMan

We just got back from 2750 mi trip in our 2020 RW. Avg.16.0 mpg driving the hills of southern Mo. The Wayfarer was a pleasure to drive. Now looking for a Toad. Does anyone pull a toad?

nnman

We just got back from 2750 mi trip in our 2020 RW. Avg.16.0 mpg driving the hills of southern Mo. The Wayfarer was a pleasure to drive. Now looking for a Toad. Does anyone pull a toad?
We saw a 2020 RW (same as ours) pulling a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon in Park City, Utah. Think that's a pretty heavy toad for the Sprinter, but they seemed to do fine with it.

Top Bottom