• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average

• Fair

• Total voters

mhiscox

I've had Matrix Integrated work on my cars for several years so, knowing I had a 2500 144, they told me when they decided they were going to service and repair Sprinters, a development I passed on in an earlier thread. Apparently, as of a few weeks ago, everything got set up and they are now taking Sprinter work in both the established downtown Portland location and in the new shop they've just opened in Bend.

Turns out that we were going to be spending time in Bend last week at the end of a longer trip through California and Oregon, so I took the opportunity to have the new Bend Matrix do an inspection and some light maintenance on my T1N Sprinter camper

Earlier, I hadn't known if they were going to work on T1Ns, but it turns out they're eager to get them, having a certified Sprinter mechanic well-qualified with both T1Ns and NCV3s. In my case, the work was no challenge--I'd had an oil service and some other maintenance done at their Portland shop not too long ago--so everything was done quickly. Clean and oil the air filter, tighten a slightly loose clamp at the back of the turbo, replace a right tail light bulb, and identify a few engine areas to keep an eye on.

The new Bend shop is easy to get to (just off US 97 a bit north of downtown) and right across the highway from lots of shopping, eating and lodging, so it was really convenient for our trip. It's also pretty impressive with six (IIRC) Sprinter-compatible lifts and plenty of room. Plus--given they do Rovers and all the German luxury brands--there are usually some cool cars to look at. I parked my Sprinter next to their bright yellow Porsche 911 track car in hopes something would rub off. :rolleyes:

All in all, seems a good additional alternative for the Bend area, and their established shop in Portland has served me well for years. But if anyone else uses them, be sure to report your experiences. As I say, my service--though it went perfectly--was definitely on the modest side.

Attachments

mhiscox

I figured I should get a poll started for Matrix Integrated, an long-time European service and repair facility that added a Sprinter Master Technician to the staff and thus has Sprinter service and repair among their capabilities. I put a review of my recent service at their new Bend facility up in the Dealer Experiences subforum:

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76176

that basically says it all went great. If you, too, use them, be sure to add your opinion.

mk216v

I've had Matrix Integrated work on my cars for several years so, knowing I had a 2500 144, they told me when they decided they were going to service and repair Sprinters, a development I passed on in an earlier thread. Apparently, as of a few weeks ago, everything got set up and they are now taking Sprinter work in both the established downtown Portland location and in the new shop they've just opened in Bend.

Turns out that we were going to be spending time in Bend last week at the end of a longer trip through California and Oregon, so I took the opportunity to have the new Bend Matrix do an inspection and some light maintenance on my T1N Sprinter camper

Earlier, I hadn't known if they were going to work on T1Ns, but it turns out they're eager to get them, having a certified Sprinter mechanic well-qualified with both T1Ns and NCV3s. In my case, the work was no challenge--I'd had an oil service and some other maintenance done at their Portland shop not too long ago--so everything was done quickly. Clean and oil the air filter, tighten a slightly loose clamp at the back of the turbo, replace a right tail light bulb, and identify a few engine areas to keep an eye on.

The new Bend shop is easy to get to (just off US 97 a bit north of downtown) and right across the highway from lots of shopping, eating and lodging, so it was really convenient for our trip. It's also pretty impressive with six (IIRC) Sprinter-compatible lifts and plenty of room. Plus--given they do Rovers and all the German luxury brands--there are usually some cool cars to look at. I parked my Sprinter next to their bright yellow Porsche 911 track car in hopes something would rub off. :rolleyes:

All in all, seems a good additional alternative for the Bend area, and their established shop in Portland has served me well for years. But if anyone else uses them, be sure to report your experiences. As I say, my service--though it went perfectly--was definitely on the modest side.
Quite a few Sprinters including RV's and a Revel :thumbup:
https://www.benzshops.com/oregon/matrix-integrated-bend-bend-or

mhiscox

Having left the review above of the new Matrix Integrated facility in Bend, I suppose i should also briefly comment on the downtown Portland facility where I had my 2003 140" serviced this Monday.

Sprinter at Matrix downtown.jpg

Not much to report except that everything was again smooth as silk. Written up promptly upon arrival, a courtesy call to let me know everything had gone well, and the keys ready at the agreed upon pickup time.

As with the previous service in Bend, it wasn't much of a test of their mechanics, just a simple alternator and belt replacement. But even simple stuff has a way of getting fouled up by some shops, so I am always pleased when things go as planned.

I've no idea why I'm the only one adding to this thread--Matrix had other Sprinters in at the same time as my recent service, though apparently not forum members--but I don't mind passing on another recommendation for a company that's never disappointed me yet.

altadoc

Have nothing but positive things to say about Jer and Christian and the guys at Matrix Integrated!

We've been in Bend for the past year and had all of our (non-warranty) work done on our Sprinter here. Had oil changes, a few check engines light issues. They do great work, are easy to work with and genuinely want to help their customers.

In the past month, we've installed a Pedalbox setup and the Agile RIP kit. The work was performed on time and at the prices quoted. If you need service in Central Oregon - Matrix is the place to go!

Just need to talk them into setting up a keg or two for while you wait!:thumbup:

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
I've had Matrix Integrated work on my cars for several years so, knowing I had a 2500 144, they told me when they decided they were going to service and repair Sprinters, a development I passed on in an earlier thread.
Since your picture is of a T1N, they did not come in 144 WB - 118, 140 and 158, but not 144 - which are the NVC3s and VS30s. I guess Matrix is learning on your van?:thinking:

So glad to have a Central Oregon based Sprinter Master Technician...pricing is affordable, certainly compared to MB. I've known Jeremy from Portland for some time now and he's always been solid. He's assembled a great team so if Bend is in the vicinity of your next trip and you need service, I couldn't vouch for them enough.

I'm local and this is my new shop and I take both my cars to them.

https://www.matrixintegrated.cc/about-us/workshops/bend-location/

mhiscox

Since your picture is of a T1N, they did not come in 144 WB - 118, 140 and 158, but not 144 - which are the NVC3s and VS30s. I guess Matrix is learning on your van?:thinking:
Geez, buddy, we go back far enough for you to cut me some slack on a little brain glitch. You're one of the few inmates who was around when I finished my overlanding '05 140 2500. (And I did get the wheelbase right in the Bend location review higher up.) :smilewink:

Anyway, I obviously know I've had 140s, but being out-numbered and out-van-life'd by all the NCV3s, I just typed the wrong digit. Matrix's master Sprinter tech certain know what he's looking at, even if I don't report it right.

djsincla

Another positive review of Matrix in Bend, OR. Nice to have an honest workshop where you can trust what they say.

RaderDude

I contacted this shop regarding some work on my 2006. They told me: " We only work in Sprinters with the Mercedes engine, 2007 and up" ?‍♂

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I contacted this shop regarding some work on my 2006. They told me: " We only work in Sprinters with the Mercedes engine, 2007 and up" ?‍♂
The Portland or the Bend shop?

(my 2005 Freightliner has this nice Mercedes star on the engine....)

--dick

RaderDude

Just checked with their Bend shop for posterity and apparently these guys don't want to touch any T1Ns and will ONLY work on 2007+ Sprinters. And they couldn't really give me any real reason why.

This kind of discrimination that I've been seeing a lot of shops do lately " We only work on vehicles newer than 2000" is just so silly. Keeping older vehicles on the road longer should be a cornerstone belief of any shop that's worth their salt. It's creates less waste, is better for the planet, for humans, etc.... ok i'm going to end my holier than thou rant.

Last edited:

souvas

These guys are top notch! I've taken my van to the Bend location for 2 installs and the service was phenomenal. Charged me less for an install of the AO RIP kit than what was originally quoted. In fact, they brought it up and offered it.

mk216v

Website says the same here; https://www.matrixintegrated.cc/services/repair-and-maintenance/sprinter/
The OM642 is the 3.0L V6 that started in 2007 with the NCV3, compared to the OM612 2.7L I5 in T1N's, so the focus could be on that V6 as a baseline.

Just because a shop chooses to focus on specific brands or years doesn't mean that they aren't capable of doing good work on other brands or models or years, or that they're discriminating for an ill reason, or that they aren't concerned about the environment and all that. It probably means that they've found that their best work comes from whatever they've chosen to focus on, as that equates to their highest rate of customer satisfaction, and so they stick with that for the good of their customers. Yes, that can be frustrating if you're not in their focus group, but in an age when fantastic customer service is difficult to find, it's also respectful that they're not trying to be everything to everyone. Would you want your orthopedic surgeon performing brain surgery on you? I mean they're both surgeons, yet they choose to focus on different aspects of medicine for the good of their patients.

c.helmick

2005 Sprinter 3500
I contacted both Matrix Integrated and Import Performance in Bend, OR to work on my 2005 T1N and they both told me to kick rocks and that they only work on the 2007+ Sprinters. The exact words from Matrix Integrated were "We only work on the 2007+ Sprinter models with the Mercedes Benz engine"... All Sprinters have a Mercedes Benz engine...

What I find interesting is that there are tons of T1Ns in Bend and the surrounding areas, more so than many places I have traveled. Where are people taking their T1Ns in Bend if none of the shops will work on them? Surely not driving all the way to Portland, right?

I find it annoying that shops advertise on their website that they work on Sprinters, but won't touch a specific group of years that makes up a decent percentage of them.

c.helmick

2005 Sprinter 3500
Just checked with their Bend shop for posterity and apparently these guys don't want to touch any T1Ns and will ONLY work on 2007+ Sprinters. And they couldn't really give me any real reason why.
This is one reason I can't recommend the T1N to people looking to purchase a Sprinter. Outside of a few shops (like Linden, MMS, KC Sprinters, Wayne Rodd) it's getting increasingly harder to find a shop to work on them AND do competent work. I try to do most of my own work now, but there is just some stuff I don't feel comfortable doing yet and when I need to go to a shop, I can never find one. The excuses are plentiful too "it's too big, it's too old, we can't get parts" etc.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
I contacted both Matrix Integrated and Import Performance in Bend, OR to work on my 2005 T1N and they both told me to kick rocks and that they only work on the 2007+ Sprinters. The exact words from Matrix Integrated were "We only work on the 2007+ Sprinter models with the Mercedes Benz engine"... All Sprinters have a Mercedes Benz engine...

What I find interesting is that there are tons of T1Ns in Bend and the surrounding areas, more so than many places I have traveled. Where are people taking their T1Ns in Bend if none of the shops will work on them? Surely not driving all the way to Portland, right?

I find it annoying that shops advertise on their website that they work on Sprinters, but won't touch a specific group of years that makes up a decent percentage of them.
Would you rather they said SURE bring ‘er on in… when they don’t have expertise on T1N’s?

c.helmick

2005 Sprinter 3500
Would you rather they said SURE bring ‘er on in… when they don’t have expertise on T1N’s?
What additional expertise is needed to work on the 2.7L that you wouldn't have working on the NCV3 and VS30 Sprinters? I'd argue that any competent mechanic that has Sprinter experience, should be able to open the service manual and do competent work on the 2.7L. It's a simpler motor and it's easier to work on. It just sounds like excuses to me.

Top Bottom