upgrade radio unit, Becker

greenback

Another spring project for me and the Westy is to replace the stock Becker unit. I have a very nice aftermarket reciever/cd player I kept from a car I sold, so just trying to see how to switch them out.

Questions are is there a replacement wire harness/plug that can help plug into the existing wiring ? Also I see that the MB antenna plug is different from the unit I want to put in ... any suggestions?

sorry if there are posts already covering this, I seem to have no luck searching on topics.

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
As I understand it, our Westies allow us to operate radio even when ignition is off. Don't know if regular Sprinters have same feature, and if not, how to incorporate with an upgraded radio.

Crutchfield seems to be mentioned as the place to go for easy plug in wiring harness, as well as instructions on how to remove original radio.

Please share and post whatever you find and do. Thanks.

Kiltym

We installed a Joying Android head unit (like a tablet) in place of the existing stereo. Had to wire in a switch that I added to one of the blank switch plates next to the shifter to allow it to be on with the engine off. Would like to eventually wire the radio to the house bank so we don't have to worry about draining engine battery.

Top Bottom