3d printing - window catch and other things

Hotratz

Hi folks,

Thought I'd put this out to the Westy community...

If anyone is missing a window catch and/or shim for the upper side windows I can print them out for those that are interested - $20 per catch with shims + shipping.

Also, if there's a need for another part that is no longer available, depending on size I might be able to re-create it in Sketchup (as I did with the window catch).

My next Sketchup project will be to create a new city water cover as mine is missing.

Attachments

Riptide

I'm in for a couple. Always building the Westy spares pile in my basement...

How do I pay ya?

Wasaabi

Sprinter Westfalia #133
You may be able to find a small market in the Sprinter community by making the little plastic front power window regulator connectors. Most have fabricated replacements out of shower rollers but it would be nice to have the real thing, and it’s a good spare item to have. Sucks to have a dropped window that won’t go up while traveling. With this part it is less than 10 mins to fix. Only OEM option is to buy the whole regulator.

Hotratz

I'm in for a couple. Always building the Westy spares pile in my basement...

How do I pay ya?
Hi - can you do Paypal? PM me your address and I can calculate ship cost. I should have something ready for you in about a week, hopefully less. Do you want the shims as well and how many? I don't recall how many are needed but whatever that is would be included. Any additional, $1 ea.

Hotratz

You may be able to find a small market in the Sprinter community by making the little plastic front power window regulator connectors. Most have fabricated replacements out of shower rollers but it would be nice to have the real thing, and it’s a good spare item to have. Sucks to have a dropped window that won’t go up while traveling. With this part it is less than 10 mins to fix. Only OEM option is to buy the whole regulator.
Sounds like a worthy cause. I'm not familiar with the issue at all. I presume I'll need to pull the door panel off to check it out. Having an original piece to work from is very helpful. Do you have any more details on the part or how to access?

Top Bottom