Sliding Door step trim install

Farfrumwork

You are full of good ideas Munmile. Thanks!

My floor is a bit elevated due to the MLV I installed underneath, maybe 0.25". Could the step trim just ride a bit higher to account for the floor height? I cant see the interface of the trim to floor with the carpet you have in there.

I was going to make a trim piece to fit, with some aluminum angle as a top trim, but this would be easier for sure. (but not as cool as my idea that included some color to match the other accents we have planned)

Munmile

You are full of good ideas Munmile. Thanks!

My floor is a bit elevated due to the MLV I installed underneath, maybe 0.25". Could the step trim just ride a bit higher to account for the floor height? I cant see the interface of the trim to floor with the carpet you have in there.

I was going to make a trim piece to fit, with some aluminum angle as a top trim, but this would be easier for sure. (but not as cool as my idea that included some color to match the other accents we have planned)
Check out this pic, it shows two mounting holes to secure the trim to the B pillar. the top one lines up nicely with the height of stock plywood floor. The bottom hole is about 0.25" lower than the top
so it makes sense that you could use the lower hole and have a perfect fit. The two other attachment points are in the vertical plane and can accept any height you have a screw for.

cheers
Munmile

Attachments

Farfrumwork

thanks.

I would need a trim piece made for the step lighting, which my cargo van has. The trim piece you have has a embossed section where the light mounts on mine (there is a trim piece just at the front most short wall that is part of the lighting option).

thanks again!

Munmile

thanks.

I would need a trim piece made for the step lighting, which my cargo van has. The trim piece you have has a embossed section where the light mounts on mine (there is a trim piece just at the front most short wall that is part of the lighting option).

thanks again!
Yes there is a different specific part number for trim with provision for light. The part number I posted is blanked where the light goes.

Cheers
Munmile

Farfrumwork

I ordered the version with provision for the light.

906-686-17-10-7J69

$32.xx (plus shipping, so ~$50)

I'll post a photo once I have it installed.

Ski Trip

Any Mercedes dealer or online parts supplier can get them.
I got this one from walter's mercedes, Riverside, Ca.

Cheers
Munmile
thanks that is what I inferred from your original post, however I was in disbelief it could only be $46 from the dealer. they must really be finished building the NCV3’s!

Ski Trip

little confusion on my end (nothing new)...

I am told your part number does not fit my van, and I need 906-686-07-10-9E80, which is $109. This is from an MB parts dept that has yours in stock but would have to order the one specifically for my VIN number. eh?

Ski Trip

actually that is the wrong part all together so he was confused.

there is, however, the same part you bought, for the sliding door on the *drivers* side, believe it or not...which does not fit my van, of course. that part he was right about

Munmile

I added a Beckson 310 opening port as a ventilation source to the wall of my left slider door step, so I'm going to skip the trim on that side.

cheers,
Munmile

• Thanks
Reactions: JIB

Farfrumwork

I received my trim piece - PN - 906-686-17-10-7J69

Positions: Right
Description:
Wood floor, side door enterance, with lamp.​

I though that this PN was 'with lamp' option as noted, but it looks identical to the piece Munmile has (PN - 906-686-10-10-7J69)

:thinking:

I could cut out the blank section where the light mounts, but I really wanted a part that I didn't have to trim...

I'll inspect the lamp housing and decide what to do. (This item came in just about the biggest box I've ever seen :laughing:)

Farfrumwork

^^ So I finally got around to installing the trim.

The full door trim piece has a embossed line around the back side that matches my original shorty trim piece where the light mounts. I used a dremel to cut out the section and then the light just snaps into place. Added some sound damping in and around and bolted it in. Nice!

I will add some screws to the top edge to keep it from moving around, and possibly deforming/breaking, with kids feet in and out of the slider. I double side taped the lower portion, but the top edge is pretty free to move with a judo kick. :bash:

Vanzer Pagen

does this mount over the flooring material? any more pics without the rug?
Mine came with the flooring package that included the wood and the rubber flooring. I added Noico, MLV and closed cell foam under the factory floor, then re-mountd the well trim using extra screws: s.s. #8 FHSMS that I blacked out with a Sharpie. Don't even notice the extra 5/8" of space between it and the step tread, but I added a strip of door mat with velcro to help keep dirt out. Still looks OK after 3 years. Adding a marine surface mount LED to the little indent where the factory light is supposed to go, way easier and less expensive than the factory version (which I would swap out the bulb for an LED anyway).

Top Bottom