06 March 2007 "Essential" Sprinter Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Attached is a list of "essential" components for the 2007 Sprinters, North America.

MOPAR calls these "Essential" parts, for whatever reason. It's not the whole list, but if you need a part and don't trust the person trying to determine what to order, the part number might be in this list.

It doesn't quite fit an any of the NCV3 Sprinter Technical Information areas so I'll leave it here for now.

-Jon

Attachments

Old Master

I have a question:

I went to this list and looked it over. I wanted to print it out, but then I noticed, on the first item "Batteries." It said "main" battery is located under the driver's seat. WELL...MINE AIN'T!!! :thinking: :crazy:

I know the Aux battery is under the passenger seat 'cause I see'd it there! But my main battery is under de hood, port side. That means the "bonnet," Richard. :tongue:

So, my question be: Is this a list of essential parts AS OF MARCH 2007 for all (or most) Sprinters? Or is this a list of essential parts for the 2007 SPRINTER? Inquiring minds want to know...

So, now I call on our distinguished visiting Professor of JAA (Just About Anything), Prof. Richard A. Sprinter, (OR ANYONE ELSE) to deliver a lecture on this subject to our assembled class:

(Richard>) :professor: :snore: :snore: :snore: :snore: :popcorn:(<me):snore: :snore::thinking:(<inquiring mind) :snore: :snore: :tongue:(<Seek):snore:

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
That part list only applies to NCV3 Sprinters. Many parts are not compatible with T1N Sprinters.

The NCV3 - 2007 North American Sprinter - represents a number of changes to the Sprinter line.

2006 and prior: Aux battery is under the passenger seat, main battery under the hood.

2007 and forward: Main battery under the driver's floorboard. Aux battery under the hood.

Do you have a T1N or an NCV3?

-Jon

Last edited:

Old Master

Thanks for the info, gents! (For once you guys beat Richard to the draw...lol.)

John

Oh wait...is there a list for my type of Sprinter?

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Thanks for the info, gents! (For once you guys beat Richard to the draw...lol.)

John

Oh wait...is there a list for my type of Sprinter?
If there was, it's not necessary any more because... that list is "for dealers."

I suspect - I don't know, I just suspect - that the list was made because DCX couldn't process the MB NCV3 parts-information due to excessively computer-geeky reasons.

I read a letter from DCX to Dodge dealerships that said, "Remember when we brought the Sprinter to the States for the first time and you couldn't find part numbers for things? It happend again with the new Sprinter. The DCX Sprinter team went to Germany to try to figure out what went wrong. We're working on it. Um, sorry."

So basically, I think that list is a last resort, temporary solution because, at least for a time, the dealership computers were 2007 Sprinter brain damaged.

The list does work nicely for the NCV3 users of Sprinter-source, though and I'm glad it's been sticky'd. Thanks again, Seek.

-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom