Bifold shower door hard to close?

parkgt

2007 Great West Van on 2006 2500 T1N
Our 2007 Legend has the bifold shower doors. The door is hard to close and the plastic liner in both the top and bottom tracks are beat up. Takes two hands and some finesse to close the door; can't do it from the front at all.

Has anyone found a source for the plastic track liners? Or has anyone here found another cure for the stubborn door closing?

Thanks,
Greg

marklg

Our 2007 Legend has the bifold shower doors. The door is hard to close and the plastic liner in both the top and bottom tracks are beat up. Takes two hands and some finesse to close the door; can't do it from the front at all.

Has anyone found a source for the plastic track liners? Or has anyone here found another cure for the stubborn door closing?

Thanks,
Greg
Our has the same problem. I think the distance between the tracks has increased due to settling so the top and bottom don't both stay in the track when closed. I have no solution and just live with it.

I did have to re-caulk the shower base. You should check for any water leaks under the van when the shower is running. That problem had to be fixed, caulking was not too hard and there are no leaks now. There are several how-to videos available.

Mark

parkgt

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. On ours the pins top and bottom stay in the tracks very well. They just seem to bind up. Seem the bottom one drags the most; lifting on the handle helps but is still not smooth.

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
snip....

Or has anyone here found another cure for the stubborn door closing?

Thanks,
Greg
I changed the bifold door on my 2008 into a 'double door'. I separated the 2 sections at the centre piano hinge, added a couple of latches and modified the sliding 'pins' so that they didn't move and served as hinges. The door in front of the toilet stays closed 99% of the time, opening only for easier access to clean around the toilet. There is enough room to enter the shower/toilet using only the 'front' door. A bit of wood filler & stain helped to make the screw holes less obvious.

I will post pics tomorrow.

parkgt

I changed the bifold door on my 2008 into a 'double door'. I separated the 2 sections at the centre piano hinge, added a couple of latches and modified the sliding 'pins' so that they didn't move and served as hinges. The door in front of the toilet stays closed 99% of the time, opening only for easier access to clean around the toilet. There is enough room to enter the shower/toilet using only the 'front' door. A bit of wood filler & stain helped to make the screw holes less obvious.

I will post pics tomorrow.
Thanks for the input; can't wait to see the pictures of your mod.

parkgt

I forgot that I reused a piano hinge for the most used door.

I used a screw to hold the sliding pin in place for the hinge on the hardly used door.

Close up of the latches that hold the doors closed.
Looks like a nice solution to the issue; thanks for posting and the pictures!

muddysprinter

When our bifold starts sticking, I spray Triflow in the tracks and it works fine. I do like the door mod above, though, and if the Triflow ever stops working, I'll probably make the mod.

Top Bottom