Future Takata airbag recalls

It’s a big ask with so many vehicles to do. I,m sure just the manufacture of all the new model airbags would take a long time.

Erk.

2012_316CDI_4x4_MWB
I just received an email saying the replacement airbags for my Vito are now available......but not my Sprinter as yet.

mcguyver

Anyone else not heard from Mercedes yet?

Just saw a news report that some insurance companies are voiding claims if the recall has not been done yet.

I have registered a couple of time on the website but heard nothing from them

Sockeye770

I actually received 3 letters, one for my current in use 318, and 2 letters for our now out of use (unregistered) 315's.

So if you have not received a letter by now, then I suggest there is something wrong with the system.

dodgy

Not received anything myself also, Mercedes clam our bags are not the affected air bags so my question is why are they replacing them.

IanSch

Not received anything myself also, Mercedes clam our bags are not the affected air bags so my question is why are they replacing them.
I had a chat to the help line regarding our 2016 519 Sprinter as we expect to be on the road when the recall is on later this year. They told me that they are replacing the airbags to be sure there are no instances where someone would be injured. They did say that so far no one has been injured in a van like ours from the airbags. They also informed me that delaying it for a month or so should not be an issue if we are on the road.

Ian

mcguyver

Mine has gone in today to have bags replaced. Was 4 others there in line as well.

They say it will only take 2 hours to replace both bags, but they very kindly let me a nice car, so I didn't have to wait around.

chris02

My 2009 315 went in last week after receiving my M'Benz letter early March. All good and about 2 hours. I did notice the passenger side is a complete new unit - including the dash part. I also had to re-click the radio surrounds into place, as it was left hanging out. Just so strange how a dealer can finish a job and still have a defect in place that I took 5 seconds to notice. Sutherland NSW... !!!

BritzSprinter

Ex Britz 313CDI Motorhome
Just had them done on my 2014 313CDI at Daimler Trucks Laverton Victoria, great to deal with, took a couple of hours. No probs.

Top Bottom