Checking water level in batteries

oregon62

I am getting ready to hit the road next week for the 1st of many trips in my 2015 Serenity. I have been acquainting myself with checking fluid levels etc and writing up a cheat sheet on things that I need to do. One of the biggest problems (besides trying to check tire pressure on inside dually) is getting the battery tray to slide out far enough to check the water level. Any hints on how to do this? Is there a hidden lever underneath that helps it extend out farther?

Thank you in advance.

Geneva

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
If you have a battery tester, the thing that looks like a turkey baster, you can put a line when to insert it to know it has enough fluid and then stick it down the holes that are hard to get to at the back and just try to suck up fluid, if it comes you have enough, if not add some until you can pull some out with the suction of the tool. There are also battery waterers and maintenance free batteries that will help with this situation. If your battery charger is multi-stage you may not need to worry too much about running the battery dry, but driving on the highway will still tend to over charge the battery from the alternator.

-Randy

oregon62

I have a battery tester and have done it in years past to auto batteries. My problem in the location and accessibility of the batteries in this rig-the slide out is only a few inches at the most. I wish they had thought it through just one more step and made it easier to check. The best solution I can come up with is taking out each battery and checking it-which I do not think is going to happen.
I may just pay a visit to the RV dealership and see what they can come up with.

rhemsher

Sprinter Lover
Al,

Do you have 12 volt or 6 volt batteries fed by the Flow-Rite systems ... I have [2] 12v. batteries in my 2010 Serenity.

The web page from Amazon shows the system you suggested as fitting 2 6v. [golf cart type] batteries.

Thanx,

Ray

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
I had 2 12v initially, but recently changed the batteries to two 6v. I was able to order the top distribution and keep the hand pump. There are 12v versions of that product.

Top Bottom