injector test report translation needed

autostaretx

Erratic Member
My guesses:
"VL" is (let's say) Very Long:
The injector was fired for 800 microseconds with a rail pressure of 135 megaPascals (18,854 psi)
They watched for 90 seconds. They wanted to see 52.5 (plus or minus 4) cubic millimeters per hour being squirted.
Yours put out 54.76, which fell into that range. They also wanted to see 43 +/- 26 on the return line. Yours did 65.76 (70 would've failed)

The other three tests showed ever-so-slightly too much squirt for the three different time/pressure situations.

**BUT:** one thing that bothers me about the above guesses is that i would expect the last test to have wanted only 1/3rd of the 2nd test's volume ... same 80 MPa, same 40 second duration. So i would've expected the last test's "desired" result to be 1/3rd of 19.2, not one 12th of it.

The acronym letters (VL,EM,LL,VE) could even be German.
--dick

Last edited:

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Conjecture: the last VE test could be attempting to open and immediately close the nozzle valve, with 160 uSec being approximately the time required for the nozzle to open?

-dave

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Conjecture: the last VE test could be attempting to open and immediately close the nozzle valve, with 160 uSec being approximately the time required for the nozzle to open?
Well, maybe ... but ... I agree ... according to the Training pages (found here: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/T1N_service_scans/ ), starting with 046FuelRail.jpg and continuing on through the "fuel injector" series, they cite 1.5 cubic millimeter "per stroke".
I don't know if that's apparently "injector squirt" or "cylinder stroke".
So their 1.6 is close to that.

On training page 234Scope.jpg, they show the injector pulse train (sharp start, then perhaps a longer hold) ... but didn't provide a timing reference.

234aScopeInjetors.png

In my 2005 at 963 rpm, my DAD reported that i was squirting 12 cubic millimeters per cylinder stroke. So 1.5 mm seems reasonable as "minimal squirt"
5192 psi is 36 megaPascals (to compare to their test's 80 or 25)

647stream.jpg

--dick
(no, the DAD doesn't make a ghastly yellow screen ... that was an artifact of a long and painful image transfer 13 years ago)

Last edited:

Top Bottom