Is it possible to start 2019 Sprinter with metal key...?

lovetokite

...the manual suggests that is is. However, cannot find the slot where to insert. On older models you could pull out the Start button. Page 106 of the manual refers to inserting the metal key (once out of the FOB) into a slot. But where the heck is that slot?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
It's item (12) in this picture (from page 8 in the Owner's Manual)

SmartKeySlot.png

--dick (when i was working, a lot of my time was spent being able to find things in manuals)

lovetokite

well, I did consult my manual, but if you look at the attached picture of my manual page 8, it is completely different. I did find the FOB insert, however, my question was if it is possible to start the 2019 Sprinter with the metal key, once removed from the Fob and if so, where? On older models this was possible.

Attachments

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I apologize for not including the info that i had no idea where/how for *you* to access the manual copy i was using.
I grabbed it from one of the forum's 2019 VS30 threads, and there have been at least three versions posted.
I hadn't noticed you were in Canada, i'll look at one of those variants.
(i did ... my "page 8" was Acrobat's number... the actual page in the Canadian manual i have is "6" as shown on the page)
(and item (12) is still there)((but detailed reading of the manual shows that it's just a handy storage spot))

As far as i can tell from using Acrobat to dig through the manual (searching for "emergency key", for example), the emergency/mechanical key is *only* capable of unlocking the doors and storage bin... there's no mention of it starting the Sprinter.

--dick

Notfamous

it does not appear to be possible to start with a metal key outside of "dead fob battery" procedure via shoving the key in the fob and into the center console.

Top Bottom