2nd/3rd row seat bracket bolts

paddlincwolfe

I am trying to find specs on this bolt used to fasten 2nd and 3rd row bench seat brackets.

-M? size?
-Length?
-Thread
-Type of head, socket needed for removal?
-Source to buy more?

Thanks
Cwolfe

Attachments

mcouper

For the NV3 I just spent some time trying to chase longer ones down since I added a bit of insulation to my floor. The stock bolts are M12 x 1.50 x 35 grade 10.9. ARP has the bolts with the 1.50 pitch and what I believe are to the grade 10.9. They were a bit pricey at about $4 a bolt. I’ve got 6 of the original bolts if you want them.

Does anyone know what the bolt length and width should be to go all the way through the frame for an install that doesn't have the captive nuts welded to the frame (cargo van)? I have 3/4" of plywood over the stock metal floor. It then has to get through the frame and then through a custom steel plate I intend to fabricate to distribute the load. Ideally not metric as there are lot more readily available grade 10 bolts in US spec.

Here is what I was told:
7/16 wide grade 10 in lenght of 6" for the four outside bolts that go through the frame. 3" for the center two.
Seems short to me.

Has anyone actually done this that can share the bolt they used please?

and I'm planning on using the 2018 and prior seat mounts as the 2019 ones are hard to come by.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=911&pictureid=6090

Last edited:

flyag1

Does anyone know what the bolt length and width should be to go all the way through the frame for an install that doesn't have the captive nuts welded to the frame (cargo van)? I have 3/4" of plywood over the stock metal floor. It then has to get through the frame and then through a custom steel plate I intend to fabricate to distribute the load. Ideally not metric as there are lot more readily available grade 10 bolts in US spec.

Here is what I was told:
7/16 wide grade 10 in lenght of 6" for the four outside bolts that go through the frame. 3" for the center two.
Seems short to me.

Has anyone actually done this that can share the bolt they used please?

and I'm planning on using the 2018 and prior seat mounts as the 2019 ones are hard to come by.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=911&pictureid=6090
You should have a washer under that nut.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I found my local DoItBest hardware store (Stoneway hardware on Stone Way N in Seattle) had proper grade metric bolts of a variety of lengths ... hex-head instead of e-Torx (ya can't have everything :whistle:).

I wasn't trying to go all the way through the frame, i was merely adding an inch or two to the above-floor length.

--dick (T1N)

Top Bottom