Suggestions on Photo Hosting Sites?

Want to do a write up on my build, but not sure what's the best photo hosting sure to use. I use to use photo bucket but they started charging for 3rd party hosting. I don't keep my photos on Google long enough for them to stay in these threads.

What are you guys using for photo hosting for posting on this site?
Just upload them here. I wrote a thread about doing it the easy way. https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64377

Yeah my fear is that the site will change something and Ill loose all the pictures that I have posted.

Well I started my build thread now that I know how to upload photos, Flickr seems to work well and the size seems ok when the link is copied.

Check out the pictures i uploaded in the write up thead: https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65273

Seems to be working.
As I mentioned in my post about uploading, I resize before uploading. I have all the photos I uploaded saved in a folder resized for the forum. I could easily upload them again with a few clicks.

alexk243

KulAdventure
So I made a website with Wix. It's free and can host pictures to. Not sure what the maximum storage is, but so far it's working good for me. That or Flickr and I am still messing to see which one is better quality.

Uploading to the forum is better than separate hosting. Too many of the other forum I read have missing photos because the external hosting no longer works. Of course I always save my photos to my own computer for safe keeping.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
I'm also looking for a good photo hosting service right now.My friends recommended ImgBB but I don't think that free hosting is the best choice.Can you tell me which is the best one right now?
Hi, a lot of photographers are using Smugmug.

I agree re uploading directly to the forum.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
Post them directly onto your write up and then they will remain for posterity. Only downside is you have to resize them and can only add 5 per post (but it doesn't cost you).
If you create an album on Sprinter-Source, you can upload at least 20 pictures at a time, with auto-resizing. Then, for your write-up, you create a link to the picture in the album. That gets around the 5-picture limit if you try to directly load pictures into your post.

cbaarch

2016 Unity MB
Smugmug bought Flickr from Yahoo. Flickr has a free version. The Pro version has an annual fee but it includes a lot more storage and features for tracking pics and I think it is Ad free. They have a setting for Public and Private pics so you can limit who gets to see your pictures. It is really easy to link to different social sites or even provide a URL.
I use Flickr sort of like a blog as you can add descriptions to each picture. This was a trip we did this fall with a Unity LTV. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQYVWSf the link only has the public pics.

DSM

Camp-Explore-Build...Repeat
Do whatever Hodakaguy does. He’s done several builds with massive amounts of photos on different forums by linking to photo host site. It looks great and has no 5 photo per post limit.
Sorry I can’t remember specific site. He responded to that exact question in one of his builds.

Top Bottom