2008 Ascent Cabinets Sagging

jjrubino

I have noticed that the two cabinets over the galley have dropped about 3/4 of an inch. When I look inside, it seems that there was one screw holding each cabinet to the roof cross member, and that screw has pulled through the particle board top of the cabinet. It seems like such a small screw was used. However, I can't see the original screw still in place.

Has anyone had to deal with this issue? Any advice on how to fix it would be appreciated!

I haven't heard of that problem before you brought it up. You probably should either post on the main yahoo owners group and/or get in touch with PW directly for advice from the factory.

dtascent

I had the same issue on my 2008 Ascent. The screws that hold the cabinet above the sink stripped and fell out. The cabinet sagged about a half inch from the ceiling. I fixed it by putting slightly larger diameter screws in to pull the cabinet back up.

-Doug

jjrubino

Thanks for the responses. I contacted Pleasure Way via their generic contact email and was surprised at the fast and helpful response. The Warranty Manager and an assembly tech replied immediately. My screws had stripped, too. I received a call telling me to use larger screws, and that I could add a third screw in the forward cabinet 6 3/8 inches back from the front of the door in line with the original screw. They recommended that I lift the cabinet into position before putting in the new screws, which I did with a hydraulic jack and 2x4. I decided to add a fender washer to each screw to spread the load. So far, so good.

Top Bottom