AWG size from alternator to B2B Charger

autostaretx

Erratic Member
How hot does it get under seat? Need to mount unit in a location with adequate air flow. It dissipates about 60W.
Very good point ... the other gadgets down there may not appreciate the heat, either.

Many people have mounted inverters under the T1N passenger seat, along with the Aux battery.
The passenger seat, however, does not have the cardboard cover, so it has much better convective airflow.

Nikbothoven didn't tell us what flavor of Sprinter he has (T1N? NCV3?), which didn't help in guessing "is there room?". On the T1N, i'd suggest leaving off the fuse panel cover (don't lose the fuse map that's on its back!).
For either model i suppose he could add a 4" computer cooling fan.

--dick

andrewclo

What is the best way to run AWG 4 wire from under the driver's seat to a battery bank in the rear passenger side of the vehicle?

I was looking at going from the driver to passenger seat base and then along the step to the battery bank.

Is going under the vehicle preferable? If so, is there a way to enter near the rear axel or back door without having to drill new holes?

Thanks.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
What is the best way to run AWG 4 wire from under the driver's seat to a battery bank in the rear passenger side of the vehicle?

I was looking at going from the driver to passenger seat base and then along the step to the battery bank.

Is going under the vehicle preferable? If so, is there a way to enter near the rear axel or back door without having to drill new holes?
T1N (1999-2006) or NCV3 (2007-2018) or VS30?

Looking in http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/ for helpful info may help.
There are "how to install trailer wiring" which show how MB expects extra wiring to be run.
There are the Body Builder's Info Guides (BBIG) and BEG which might have recommendations.

If you're running "along the step", have adequate insulation or hard protection to avoid cable damage causing a short to the frame metal.

--dick (why did you wear your crampons indoors?)

andrewclo

T1N (1999-2006) or NCV3 (2007-2018) or VS30?

Looking in http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/ for helpful info may help.
There are "how to install trailer wiring" which show how MB expects extra wiring to be run.
There are the Body Builder's Info Guides (BBIG) and BEG which might have recommendations.

If you're running "along the step", have adequate insulation or hard protection to avoid cable damage causing a short to the frame metal.

--dick (why did you wear your crampons indoors?)
Thanks Dick! I had never seen that reference before. Very nice. I am working on a VS30.

andrewclo

I believe the Renogy Bluetooth module also monitors the battery capacity, according to this screen shot.
Hey @travisap how is the Renogy dc to dc working for you? I am trying to decide if I should get this or the Sterling 1230. Were you able to get it wired up with the D+ ignition wire?

Where did you mount the Renogy unit?

Thanks in advance,

travisap

2008 Dodge Sprinter Campervan
Hey @travisap how is the Renogy dc to dc working for you? I am trying to decide if I should get this or the Sterling 1230. Were you able to get it wired up with the D+ ignition wire?

Where did you mount the Renogy unit?

Thanks in advance,

Have not had the chance to install it yet- working on the base cabinets now. Will probably get to connecting our electrical in the spring due to weather here in WI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom