Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 Write-Ups

VS30 Write-Ups Help other VS30 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:08 PM   #1
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

Default 2019 Sprinter Front Light Headliner Removal

How to access and remove light in front headliner section so you can get to the back wires to unplug them before pulling headliner down. This is different than in older models.

https://youtu.be/kFo6uafDchM
slamit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slamit For This Useful Post:
Bobnoxious (08-12-2019), cacaw (08-13-2019), ctmcdaniel (08-12-2019), wquek (08-12-2019), Wreckingcrewsdad (Yesterday)
Old 08-12-2019, 08:40 PM   #2
Notfamous

Default Re: 2019 Sprinter Front Light Headliner Removal

Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Notfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:42 PM   #3
wquek

Thank you. Is the headliner removal procedure same as 906?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wquek is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wquek For This Useful Post:
cacaw (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #4
cacaw

I just got a 2019 Passenger 144 and am wondering how much of the headliners and side panels I should remove to add insulation. I don't mind doing the easy ones but don't want to get involved in any big or complicated jobs.
cacaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #5
Enginenumber

Hi there guys,
this is my second post on the site, however have been reading posts for about a year or more on and off.
I have just insulated my headliner a few week ago.
I found you I did not have to remove the whole thing. I just let the top 2 or 3 clips go at the back , think I just popped the plastic clips right out was easiest. Then I let the grab handle screws or bolts go and coat hooks on the vertical pillar on the plastic cover. Was almost enough to flex it down enough to get insulation in.

I used 3M thinsulate , you can just poke it in with a stick or something , then I cut full width strips and placed a squirt of 3M spray adhesive hi strength, on the back edge just to stop it falling forward down into the head liner. I then cut a few offcuts for the sides, a dab of spray and poked them in as well.

That was pretty much all I did.

Hope that Helps
Enginenumber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enginenumber For This Useful Post:
cacaw (08-14-2019), Wreckingcrewsdad (Yesterday)
Old 08-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #6
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wquek View Post

It is similar, you must remove the visors/tray, the air bag has two hooks on top, you will need to push the bag up a bit to get the two hooks to "unhook" just above the side screw holes; then drop the air bag and the air bag can be separated from the headliner. Then headliner can be removed. Make sure the front wires on the front light are disconnected as well. Its a good idea to disconnect the ground when doing this to eliminate any power to the air bag. To properly do the front you need to drop the headliner, use sound deadening material, then layer your insulation if you want to get maximum benefit. If your going to this much effort might as well do it right. The combination doing sound deadener and proper insulation is a big difference together. Each one adds a bit more. The sound deadening is improved in the Sprinter (if you order the sound package) significantly for every day commercial use, but falls short for a camper or hot/cold camping. Dropping you headliner is also the time many other things should be done in your van; primarly all the electrical work as well as installing roof rack rails.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slamit For This Useful Post:
cacaw (08-14-2019), wquek (08-16-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 01:16 PM   #7
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wquek View Post

It is similar, you must remove the visors/tray, the air bag has two hooks on top, you will need to push the bag up a bit to get the two hooks to "unhook" just above the side screw holes; then drop the air bag and the air bag can be separated from the headliner. Then headliner can be removed. Make sure the front wires on the front light are disconnected as well. Its a good idea to disconnect the ground when doing this to eliminate any power to the air bag. To properly do the front you need to drop the headliner, use sound deadening material, then layer your insulation if you want to get maximum benefit. If your going to this much effort might as well do it right. The combination doing sound deadener and proper insulation is a big difference together. Each one adds a bit more. The sound deadening is improved in the Sprinter (if you order the sound package; especially in a crew trim) significantly for every day commercial use, but falls short for a camper or hot/cold camping. Dropping you headliner is also the time many other things should be done in your van; primarly all the electrical work as well as installing roof rack rails.
The Following User Says Thank You to slamit For This Useful Post:
wquek (08-18-2019)