Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 12-07-2018, 04:32 AM   #11
Daystar

Default Re: RV Storage near Seattle?

Dick,
Do you have any experience with Kallmar? I thought that I might try them if I ever get in over my head on a maintenance problem.
Daystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:38 PM   #12
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 6,137 Times in 4,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daystar View Post
Dick,
Do you have any experience with Kallmar? I thought that I might try them if I ever get in over my head on a maintenance problem.
No, i've never been there. There are a couple of reports in the Forum's regional section.

--dick (functionally "self serviced")

Last edited by autostaretx; 12-08-2018 at 01:43 AM.
autostaretx is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to autostaretx For This Useful Post:
Daystar (12-10-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 12:21 AM   #13
Scarecrow
2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by autostaretx View Post
... i forgot to add in the previous note: reasonable chauffeuring available (schedule depending)

--dick
Thanks for that kind offer!
My plane leaves at 2pm on the 31st. But I needed that later flight to be able to get situated at Ferguson Terminal early enough. And I have to Winterize, I guess, being gone until April. Lyft is only $37 or so, but I might contact you if that falls apart. I usually don't want to put other Members to a lot of trouble!

2017 Unity Murphy Bed
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:36 AM   #14
horus

I left my rig at Bellingham RV Storage in August and September while I rode a motorcycle to Alaska. Covered but not indoors. I could not find anything in Seattle, but was very happy with this facility and their fantastic manager.
horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:07 AM   #15
Scarecrow
2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed

The problem is many of these areas are just too far from the Seattle Airport. Bellingham is well over an hour away. A Lyft ride would cost a small fortune, in both directions. I am not sure of flying from Bellingham to Washington DC. When I asked locals, they all said I'd be taking a jumper to Seattle. But, now that I check, it does look like they do have flights with Alaska Airlines. I think I missed reading this idea that was mentioned earlier.

2017 Unity Murphy Bed

Last edited by Scarecrow; 12-09-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:05 PM   #16
TStiles
2018 Unity CB

Look into this one. https://www.storagepartners.com/self...stomer_reviews I've never used them, however the reviews are positive. They offer covered RV storage and even 10x30 enclosed that I wonder if you could get your Unity into. Don't know what they have available, but if transportation is an issue, the place, although a distance from SeaTac, would actually be pretty affordable from a transportation perspective.

From the storage, you can cab it to the ferry which takes you on a 60 minute trip across Puget Sound to downtown Seattle. From there, it is a quick cab ride out to SeaTac.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:28 PM   #17
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 6,137 Times in 4,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
When I asked locals, they all said I'd be taking a jumper to Seattle. But, now that I check, it does look like they do have flights with Alaska Airlines. I think I missed reading this idea that was mentioned earlier.
The Alaska Air site shows that flights from BLI to "all WDC airports" do all bounce in Seattle.
(the feeder airline will usually be Horizon Air, but there is at least one that's really Alaska)
You will be changing planes, and quite possibly terminal wings (but not have to leave the secure zone).

The cost of that extra leg seems to be about $40 above the cost of SEA-IAD (the cheapest at $243) ... the same as Uber from your in-Seattle storage lot to the airport.

source: https://www.alaskaair.com/Shopping/Flights/Shop

--dick
(as is typical with flight numbers, a 4-digit number is on a "code-sharing" other carrier.)

Last edited by autostaretx; 12-09-2018 at 05:34 PM.
autostaretx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:11 PM   #18
stormpeakco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
They were full. But I did find storage at Ferguson Terminal. Just have to pay an extra half-month to reserve now. They had one spot left for outdoor storage. Really, just a parking space. No hookup but I have solar to help keep the batteries topped-off.

Thanks, everybody! Most were full, or too far from the airport.
If you are considering my type of touring, it sounds neat, but gets expensive with flights, plus storage, plus Lyft or Uber, plus working around everybody's Open Hours. Just a warning...
FYI (FYOI, for your and others info), and away from SeaTac....
We are awaiting the construction of our '19/'19 Unity (completion, likely spring of '19 via Van City in Colo Spgs) and own a large, heated (50F), enclosed storage unit @ gated facility unit (1/4 mile from the Yampa Valley Regional Airport-Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO) within the city limits of Hayden (small town USA).

Currently our neighbor and friend has his little sportscar sitting in the large 18'X50' unit (he had previously planned to place his 24' long class B Roadtrek and his car this winter).
It is plumbed with 110V/220V, has a 12' wide X 14' tall (I think ? vs. 12' tall) roller door and an adjoining 'man door' is available for Sprinter based unit through June (or longer).
Transportation to and from the terminal may be arranged with the Hayden Airport Garage storage facility manager.
Dave
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote