Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 4x4 Talk

VS30 4x4 Talk General Discussions related to VS30 4x4 Sprinters.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #101
asimba2
2016 4cyl High Roof 144

Default Re: 2019 4x4

I think you made a smart choice. I wouldn't trade my 4 cyl diesel Sprinter for anything, but if I wanted 4WD I would not get a Sprinter and instead get a Transit with the QuadVan 4WD. For one, the Sprinter 4x4 has a 4" body lift that does absolutely nothing for clearance under the van but does make it incredibly tall, difficult to get in and out of, looks ridiculous on it's factory wheel and tires, and is somewhat of a neutered 4WD system to begin with. You can get larger tires to make it look "right" but then the excellent diesel fuel economy goes out the window. At that point you'll do no better MPG-wise than a gas Transit. I like that it's possible to get a Transit 4WD system using factory parts.

Enjoy your build and your van.
asimba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:04 AM   #102
TheSandman13

Default Re: 2019 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimba2 View Post
I think you made a smart choice. I wouldn't trade my 4 cyl diesel Sprinter for anything, but if I wanted 4WD I would not get a Sprinter and instead get a Transit with the QuadVan 4WD. For one, the Sprinter 4x4 has a 4" body lift that does absolutely nothing for clearance under the van but does make it incredibly tall, difficult to get in and out of, looks ridiculous on it's factory wheel and tires, and is somewhat of a neutered 4WD system to begin with. You can get larger tires to make it look "right" but then the excellent diesel fuel economy goes out the window. At that point you'll do no better MPG-wise than a gas Transit. I like that it's possible to get a Transit 4WD system using factory parts.

Enjoy your build and your van.
I'll probably just stick with the 2WD on it. I can always change that later if I really need it. That's big chunk of cash that I can use to do the conversion.
TheSandman13 is offline   Reply With Quote