Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Nonrelated Sprinter things to say? This is the place to be.
Subforums: Health The Funnies The Danger Zone

Old 11-10-2016, 02:55 AM   #571
Fayo62

Default Re: Introduce yourself

Hi. My name is Marek. I live in West Coast BC. My Sprinter that I ordered sept'16 is right now on a ship (Torrens) on its way to Tacoma WA. I am trying to catch some info needed for my future conversion- fridge, sink, Murphy or sofa bed, solar panels, swivel seats, soundproofing, thermal insulation. Being auto bodyman (auto collision repair tech.) and extreme DIY hope to contribute to this forum.
Fayo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:26 AM   #572
sprinterPaul

anyone else notice 99% of the posts in this thread are from users with <10 posts. With the majority less than 5.

They all start off with hey I just bought this problem...I'm gonna contribute and help out!

life gets in the way....

for those that keep going congrats and thanks!
sprinterPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sprinterPaul For This Useful Post:
EricL (07-05-2018), Fayo62 (11-11-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 03:03 AM   #573
jessee

I am the fleet manager of a fleet of Mercedes Sprinter Ambulances. I am hoping to gain knowledge on some of the common issues of this type of vehicle and give some knowledge of my experiences.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mercedes Ambulance Photo.jpg (33.3 KB, 92 views)
jessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:53 PM   #574
BLINAS2

Hi!
Bruno here, i have been visiting this forum for quite a while and finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2005 Freightliner Sprinter with 21,000 miles built out by Great West Vans (now defunct). Anyway just a fast "howdy" while I take a break from troubleshooting a short in the 12 volt system... on the MB side not the house build. Hmmm, maybe they did something with the house that shorted out the reverse lights!? Anyway good to be here, glad to be invited!
BLINAS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:22 AM   #575
caseylentz

Hey there. Been in this forum for a bit now getting a lot of helpful info on purchasing a sprinter . I finally pulled the trigger ! 03 Dodge Sprinter 2500 SHC passenger. It's got a pretty neat paint job on it as well my wife has lovingly named it 'Amtrak' since it looks pretty similar. I purchased the van in California from its second owner , the original owner was in Chicago so it came with a little bit of rust but low miles. 150k for 7.5k. I thought I got a deal on it and asked all the right questions and had it looked at by 3 mechanics to make sure everything was sound. One thing that I did notice in my findings is that the original owner really had a pride of ownership so much that he/she put 18inch wheels on the vehicle which has been hell to find replacement tires. Oh well enough of the negative. My wife , the dog, and I are looking forward to converting into a minimal sleeper for climbing , biking , and ski trips .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
caseylentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:06 PM   #576
Awruq

Hello. I am Michał and I live in Poland.
Regards to everyone;)

Awruq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Awruq For This Useful Post:
TooMuchHair (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #577
Da Tow'd

Hi Gang,
No Sprinter yet but one in the future for sure.
We live in the end of the road in British Columbia and plan on driving across Canada this year.
Just trying to learn as much about these interesting vehicles.
Volvo and Volkswagen mechanic since I "retired" from skippering a large boat 10 years ago
cheers
Hank
Da Tow'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:54 PM   #578
caregivers

Greetings !
have been looking at the postings for about 5 years
am grateful to all that have posted there experiences .
we have a NV3 high roof 144" wheel base 4x4 2016 passenger as a primary vehicle to accomadate a 400lbs powered wheel chair with Q-straint tie downs to secure the wheel chair
Ricon clear view chair lift . Celing mounted airconditioning unit Eberspacher airtronic D2 and a Eberspacher hydronicD5E S3 are there to help keep the cabin at 25 degrees centigrade at all times as thermoregulation is a major challange.

would be looking forward to hearing from others on the forums with major mobility and neurological issues ad to how they have made their time in the vehicle more comfortable

charudutt
caregivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #579
Pneumo

Hey There!

Though I started out by posting elsewhere on the forum, I figure I should still introduce myself!

My name is Ian and my girlfriend and I recently purchased, converted, and moved into our 08" Dodge 170wb with 129k on the odo when we bought it. After a lengthy process of dealing with rust, our conversion took about 3 months and took place in WI during this past winter, we have since racked up another 9k miles. We're in the process of making our way to CO, then AK, and plan to live in the van for the next year. I'm 25 and after hiking the AT in 2014 in 90 days I decided to save up for and take on this adventure. We plan to visit many of US and Canadian national parks, backpacking, cycling, and photographing as we go.

Our conversion is pretty simple, but perfect for our needs. We have 300w of solar panels on the roof and a 200ah battery, which powers our lighting, dometic fridge, outlets, CO/LP detector, and our ceiling fan. We have a full size bed 9" thick, which is on a platform high enough to allow us to store 2 road bikes underneath and sit upright with a couple inches of room above(I'm 5' 11"). Everything was built from scratch and with little more than a 12v circular saw and drill. Our we have a counter spanning from our drivers seat back to the bed to facilitate cooking and a bench that houses our fridge as well as other misc gear.

So far I have replaced a leaking injector seal, flushed the PS system, replaced some seals around the turbo, and replaced the entire fuel return line. Other than a brake wear sensor wire being abraded through, those have all been corrected and are no longer causing us problems.

We have a website where we(mostly my girlfriend) have been writing up our build process and will add blog posts related to our travels once caught up.

www.thevanimals.com
Instagram: the.vanimals

Anyway, here are some photos of us and Violet B.(our nickname for the rig).

Nice to meet you all and thanks for all your help so far!
Pneumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #580
mwren

Hi all!
Contemplating a Merc 416CDI Sprinter purchase in my forseeable future for use as a motorhome/ workhorse.
Im here and anywhere else I can find to accumulate knowledge on the breed.
Thanks to all contributors.
mwren is offline   Reply With Quote