Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Nonrelated Sprinter things to say? This is the place to be.
Subforums: Health The Funnies The Danger Zone

Old 09-24-2006, 03:07 AM   #1
poolmike
'05 2500 SHC

Default Introduce yourself

I'll start it up.

I'm Mike. I live with my wife, Pam, in Richboro PA (just north of Philly). I operate a swimming pool service company with my Sprinter as my trusty steed. Classic cars/trucks are my hobby. I am in the process of resto/modding a 60's era military Jeep truck, and a couple of late 60's Austin Mini's. I'm a do-it-myself mechanic and can't wait to start some performance mods on the Sprinter.
'74 Austin Mini
'64 Austin Mini Countryman Traveller
'64 Austin Moke
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:33 AM   #2
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,524 Times in 708 Posts
Default Re: Introduce yourself

Born in Hong Kong, raised in Hawaii (Honolulu) since 1.5yrs. Mom and sister are still there, but I left for college after high school. I live with my wife and son in San Jose, CA (45 min south of San Francisco). I work as an EE in the Silicon Valley and have been here since '89.

I'm a mod crazy guy when it comes to vehicles (cars, vans, motorcycles). I like to hack the electronics, machine metal parts, and weld (TIG). I just sold my precious 00 Jeep Wrangler (I'm going to miss that thing) so that I could turn an R1 into a streetfighter.

I spend at least a day out of the weekend with my wife and son and try to get out every Sunday early morning for some exercise in the dirt riding my motorcycle.

We love to travel and chose the Sprinter for our current/future road trips.

Seek
sikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
veepster
Der Newbie

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi folks,

I think this is gonna be a great place to hang out! Professionally I am an aircraft mechanic/inspector but also have extensive background in automotive repair. Obsessed tinkerer would be a good way to describe me, as I can seem to find interest in just about anything with more than two moving parts. Other passions include my long time girlfriend and our two dogs. (pugs)

I don't want to get too windy here:)

Till next time,
Veep
Old 09-24-2006, 04:35 PM   #4
michigandon

Hi everyone,

I hope this place grows. Not much for Sprinter info out there. My better half uses our 2005 118" low roof mainly for her work as a Maintenance/HVAC tech. With the advent of a quality B20/B99 suplier in the neighborhood, I launched a campaign to phase out gasoline power in our household as much as possible. She uses the Sprinter as a DD and I drive a TDI, and we also have a vintage motorhome that we repowered with a Cummins out of a Dodge pickup, and I'm also resto-modding an M38a1 Jeep that's going to be getting an OM616 from a 240D as well as a '79 CJ7 that's going to be powered by a Nissan SD33/NP435/Dana 18 combo!

Oh yeah, I also mow my lawn and plow my driveway with a grey market Yanmar.:)
michigandon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to michigandon For This Useful Post:
Buckskinner (03-15-2013)
Old 09-25-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
beaulieub

Hi Boys n Girls!

I'm Bert from Lake Winnipesaukee NH. I own/operate a campground here in NH and spend the winters being irresponsible for 5 months in Yuma, AZ. Lately, I've been on an old Mercedes Diesel kick. I own 4 vehicles and 3 are Mercedes diesels. Plan on running Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO) in my 1980 300SD this winter down in AZ. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Oh - this picture is not me ,grin. but rather my dog Dudley.

Bert - NH
:)
beaulieub is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beaulieub For This Useful Post:
Buckskinner (03-15-2013)
Old 09-25-2006, 10:48 PM   #6
pgr

Hi all,

I have a silver 140 Hi-Top passenger van I expect to start converting over to a camper this winter.

My wife & I live in Durham, NH (near Portsmouth).

Paul Riccardi
pgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:52 AM   #7
Prostar

Hello to all you Sprinter lovers,
My name is Larry and I live in Rancho Mirage, Ca. I bought New a 2005 Pleasure-way B Class Motor Home on the 2500 Lwb HC van chassis. I have put on approx. 15000 Miles and love it. I even drove it to New York City.
I hope this web site becomes popular with all us folks who love and own sprinter.
My best to all.
Prostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:51 AM   #8
Llarry
Llamasine driver

I'm a retired Navy guy. My wife and I lived in Maryland with llamas in a big back yard until 3 years ago, when we bought 15 acres of pasture and woods near Sublimity, Oregon (20 miles east of Salem, Oregon in the foothills of the Cascade mountains) and moved west.

For years, we hauled llamas in a minivan -- a Dodge Caravan, then a Honda Odyssey -- but the fit was tight and we could only get two in at a time. We saw a Sprinter on a visit to Oregon and started investigating. I ordered a 2003 158-inch wheelbase passenger model in Maryland, intending to load the llamas and drive across country. When delivery was delayed, I ran out of time and cancelled the order. I hired a livestock transport guy to haul 7 llamas from Maryland to Oregon and ordered a 2004 Sprinter in Oregon.

Our Sprinter does not have many miles: something like 6K in 30 months, but we love the van and couldn't live without it. We have a loading ramp in the back and keep only the two-seat bench in the van. We've hauled hay, fencing, lumber, etc., etc. The largest number of llamas we've ever hauled is five, but I think the Sprinter would take ten or so for a short trip. Our herd is now up to 12. Since an adult llama is about 300 lbs, we would bump against the GVWR with a big load of the critters.

One nice feature of llamas; they are born more-or-less potty-trained! They generally only go where others have gone -- we call it "the poop pile." So they do not go in the Sprinter. Very civilized. In case of accidents or muddy feet, we do have a thick, large plastic liner in the Sprinter in back of the seats.

Our Sprinter is stock except for an Alpine head unit and modest speaker upgrade and a two-tone paint job. I've eyed alloy wheels and a Mercedes grille, but can't talk my wife into it. I think she's still a little peeved about the $2500 two-tone paint job! :o
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sprinter_4V 005.jpg (85.9 KB, 1615 views)

Last edited by Llarry; 09-27-2006 at 03:54 AM.
Llarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:17 PM   #9
soflo316

I'm Todd, from South Florida. I just bought a short/low Silver 06 for my start-up boat dealership business. We sell ONLY electric-propelled boats, specifically the one from LEAR out of California (think LEARJET). I'll be doing some towing and shuttling people around to the dock from the store and such. So far I've driven 750 miles, but have spent at least as much time tweaking and modding the thing as driving it.

Todd

W. Todd Sims, Vice President
EPower Marine
v 617.970.5181
f 857.401.3011
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leartranssmall.jpg (48.5 KB, 1589 views)
Old 10-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #10
TimT

My name is Tim and my wife and 2 kids have a 06 Winnebago View. We traded in our old c-class in May for it. We live in Kenner Louisiana. I'm a tool and die maker my wife is in the Coast Guard. We cycle, camp and canoe. We normally take the View out once a month on short trips under 500 miles (one way) But once a year we go on a big long trip. The Sprinter doubled our fuel milage.
TimT is offline   Reply With Quote